Chapter 1

This was it. My very first day as a cadet of the 104th training corps. 3 years is gonna go by as quick as lightning. And when I come out on top, I'm going to join the Survey Crops and -

"[y/n]. GET YA LAZY ASS UP RIGHT NOW. IF YA NOT UP WITHIN 10 MINUTES, I WILL TEAR THIS DOOR DOWN AND DRAG YOU OUT MYSELF!"

Silence. Then a huge bang echoed my room when the sound of a fist banged against my room door.

Argh, why is Shadis always so grumpy in the morning. I sighed. Besides, I still have 2 hours before the training camp officially starts!

------

3 years ago, Keith Shadis adopted me as his daughter after the Armoured Titan had murdered everyone in my village, including my family. I then began a new life inside the quarters of the Military, where I had a new family. The 103rd training squad trainees, Commander Erwin, Hange, Levi, Mike, and the other commanders and squad leaders had become my new family. But I soon learnt that the word 'family' didn't mean forever. My comrades from the 103rd squad that decided to join the Survey Corps promised me before they left for the expedition that they would return. The promise was broken. They never returned because they had been slaughtered by monsters. Again, my family had been taken away from me by the titans.

------

Unwillingly, I left my bed and quickly changed into my training gear and then walked over to the mirror. Smiling at myself in the mirror, I thought about my parents and my comrades from the 103rd class, and how proud they would be of me. I reached for the raven necklace around my neck and looked at it. I'm going to make the Survey Corps. Closing my eyes for a few seconds, I took a deep breath, opened my doors and walked outside, and felt the wind breeze blowing my [h/c] hair behind me.

It's finally my turn. My turn to spread my wings of freedom, and recover what has been taken away from humanity.