Chapter 1

Nebula pressed her head against the cold, stone wall, My life is over. she thought as teardrops streamed down her face, My wonderful, beautiful life. She had just found her parents, and made many great friends, and now she would die under the talons of they Eyes of Purity.

      But then, Nebula heard a loud crash from outside her prison, and a familar voice crying out, "HERE COME THE RISING COLOOOOOORS!"

        She turned her head to see Draco, his firescales talons wrapped around the bars, melting her free before dashing off to free the next cell.

      "Nebula!" Pearl cried as she, Narwhal and Regolith landed outside of the melted bars, "You've saved all of these dragons!"

       "What, me?" Nebula was baffled, "But, I didn't do anything."

       Narwhal reached into her messenger bag to pull out what looked like nothing more than a messed up old twig, "I've kept this with me as a memory of Fox, it was his last peaceful spell." as soon as she said these words, Nebula realized that this was the stick enchanted to always point in her direction.

      "We used it as a compass to find you!" Regolith enthusiastically chimed in. 

      "Come on," Narwhal said, flicking her deep blue tail, beckoning Nebula to follow them out of the cage, "We've got a battle to win!"