10

It was easy to spot Josh among the crowd. Though he wore a snap back, his bright yellow hair was still sticking out in various places. When I saw his face, I wanted so badly to forget whatever had happened while he was in LA. He looked sleepy, like he hadn't had his coffee yet, but I still adored the tired look on his face. Seeing it felt like I was home--even though I wasn't the one who actually left.

"Hey, stranger." I smiled as I approached Josh.

He grinned once he saw me. "Addison," he pulled me in for a soft kiss.

I let him pull me in, but had a hard time enjoying the kiss.

"What's the matter?" Josh asked as I pulled away.

"Uh, nothing." I said.

"How are you?" He asked.

"I'm good," I said. "You? How was LA?"

"Fine." He shrugged. "Nothing new."

I nodded. All I could think about was that picture of him and Debby hanging out. I bit my lip, avoiding eye contact with Josh.

"Addison, are you sure you're okay?" Josh asked.

"Are you back with Debby?" I blurted out, immediately regretting opening my mouth.

Josh frowned. "Why would you think that?"

"I saw...a picture. I kind of just assumed..." I felt my face turning red. "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have said anything. I'm dumb. Don't listen to me."

"Addison, you're not dumb. I understand why you might've thought Debby and I were back together. We're not, first of all." Josh said.

"Then why didn't you just tell me that you were going to LA to see her?" I asked.

"I only saw her one day out of the week. I have more friends than just Debby." He chuckled. "But I didn't tell you because honestly, it didn't even cross my mind. Debby actually ended up telling me that she's happy for us, even though I didn't need her approval. I'm sorry for the confusion, Addison. If anything like this happens again, which it shouldn't, just ask me about it. I care about you, a lot, and I don't want to hurt you." Josh smiled.

"Okay." I smiled. Our hands intertwined unconsciously, and Josh leaned over for another kiss.

"I'm serious," Josh said, looking me in the eyes. "If you ever feel uncomfortable about something, please tell me, okay?"

I nodded. "Of course."

-

Five months later...

I was in the middle of editing some photos when I got the text from Josh:

Jenna and Tyler just went to the hospital. Baby Joseph should be here soon :)

I immediately replied, asking if I should do anything, to which Josh told me to come down to the hospital. I grabbed my purse and my keys and then left.

I found Josh and the Joseph family in the waiting room. Josh's head was resting in his hand, his eyes closed.

"Babe," I gently tapped his shoulder in case he was sleeping.