7

I must've done something without realizing it. Josh didn't even want to look at me, and his face looked extremely disappointed. I wasn't sure what I'd done, but obviously it was enough to make Josh send me away.

Whatever I'd done, I wanted to undo it more than anything in the world. I'd finally realized that I did have feelings for Josh, but now it was too late.

I wasn't going to text him, because that would probably just annoy him. I didn't want him hating me more than he already did.

I was surprised when only a couple hours later, I received a text from Josh.

Josh: Hey, can we meet up and talk?

Me: Yeah, sure.

Josh: Okay. Tomorrow at this address? 11am?

He sent me a link to a coffee shop in Dublin, which I'd been to several times before.

Me: Sounds good

I was nervous for the rest of the day. Was he going to tell me that we shouldn't hang out anymore?

-

I arrived at the coffee shop at about 10:45, just so I could try and prepare myself for what was coming. It didn't help. I ordered a coffee, but didn't drink much more than a sip or two. I didn't feel like I could keep anything down at the moment.

"Addison," I heard Josh say softly from above me. I looked up, and there he was.

He had a beanie pulled down to his ears, and his hood pulled up over his head. He looked like he hadn't gotten much sleep in the past two days. Neither had I.

"Hi, Josh." I said.

"How are you?" He asked.

"Um, okay, I guess." I said.

"I'm gonna go grab a coffee, I'll be right back." He said.

"Okay." I took a small sip of my coffee, and took a deep breath. Whatever he was going to say, I didn't think I was ready to hear it.

Minutes later, Josh returned. "I just wanted to let you know that what I'm about to say has nothing to do with you," he said. "And I'm sorry that I might've scared you."

I nodded.

"So when Jenna and Tyler were at my house, they told me some news." He said slowly. "Jenna's pregnant."

"Wow! That's awesome." I said.

"It is, but it also means that Tyler and I will have to take a break." He said.

I bit my lip. "A break?"

"After we finish the album we're working on, we're just gonna stop...everything. For who knows how long." Josh swallowed.

I said nothing. Of course I was upset about this, but I couldn't imagine how Josh was feeling.

"I'm not really sure what's going to happen." He sighed.

I wasn't sure what to say. I couldn't find the words to comfort him.

"Are you going to say anything?" He asked.