Reunion

19th April:

It was Friday finally and I was so happy when school finished. It was finally the weekend. I rushed out of school and went straight home. I just wanted chill and relax by myself. No such luck. As soon as I got inside my house, I saw Nat getting a drink from the fridge.

“Make sure you wake up in time to go to Saturday school Natalie.” My mum warned her as she picked up her bag for work.

“Yes aunty.” She replied.

“Have a good night girls.” My mum told us before walking out of the house.

“Aren’t you coming tomorrow then?” I asked her.

“We’re meeting after I finish. It’s all good.” She replied.

“I doubt I’m going to be allowed out for long. You finish at like 4.30.” I told her.

“Don’t worry, I already talked to your mum about it and she’s cool with it.” Nat reassured me.

The doorbell went and I turned to look at the door. I had bad memories of that doorbell. I didn’t want to think of Darius but it was so difficult. I saw him today when I was coming home. We completely blanked each other. It was only a few weeks ago, we were still together. I walked to the door and looked through the peephole. It was Renae.

“I need your advice guys.” She told us as she walked into my house.

“How do you know where I live?” I asked. I hadn’t spoken to her in years before Sunday and I didn’t tell her then.

“Your mum gave mine your address.” She replied quickly.

“I really like this guy but he doesn’t really know me too well.” She told us.

“Why don’t you just speak to him more?” I asked.

“I would but now that bitch Eve told him that I’m the biggest sket and go around giving head to different mandem.” She explained.

“I hate that girl.” Nat commented. I nodded in agreement.

“So who is this guy then?” I asked.

“His name is Carl. I don’t know what his last name but he’s in your year Nat. He goes Tommy’s school.” She told us.

“Damn, does Carl know everyone? That guy is just about.” I commented.

“Do you know him?” Renae asked. I nodded.

“You have to come with me to meet him and some friends tomorrow before we meet Tommy.” She begged me.

I just nodded but I didn’t want to go. I knew those friends would all be boys and they would all have comments. Renae left soon after I agreed to go with her.

“Are you gonna be alright tomorrow?” Nat asked.

“Yeah I should be. I’m just gonna tune them out.” I replied and then got up to get myself some water.

“Are you gonna have dinner?” Nat asked.

“I’m not even hungry. That muesli I had this morning was a killer. I’m kinda tired though so do you mind if we don’t stay up watching movies tonight?” I asked her.

“No it’s cool. I just wanted to keep you company tonight.” Natalie replied.

I went to bed soon after that and that was the day that I decided to start skipping some meals...