Chapter 6

Chapter 6 - Wedding Bells

"Eliza are you ready?" whispered my mom, as she handed me the lilac bouquet. She began to smoothen out the wrinkles from my dress as I bit my nails.

I looked at the mirror one more time to see how I looked.

The white dress that I was wearing was a mermaid style gown with a sweetheart neckline. It hugged my body in all the right places as the laced bottom had ruffles that flowed gracefully to the floor. My light brown hair was in a low bun that had braided accents in the middle and was topped with long veil. Everything was in place.

I looked back at mom and gave her a small nod.

She came over to me, tears in her eyes.

"Oh honey, you look so... beautiful!" cried my mom. I blushed as she wrapped me in her arms.

"Mom. Don't cry..." I told her.

"I know I know..." she said. She cupped my cheeks with her warm hands and looked straight at me with her deep blue eyes. "You know, you don't have to do this Eliza. It's not too late to go back."

I stared back at her for a moment and smiled.

"I know, but I love him mom..."

My mom just smiled at me and gave me another quick hug before calling my dad in.

My dad came to my side, as he too gave me a warm embrace. He kissed my forehead as my mom adjusted his black tie.

I haven't seen my dad in forever. When I was a kid I would see him on weekend visits and holidays, but as I got older we lost connection. When my dad and mom got divorced I think it effected me more then anybody. I cried everyday when I didn't see him.

I really love my dad.

So that's why I didn't tell him about my lie. I knew he wouldn't be able to handle it, so I kept my mouth shut. I never wanted to hurt him, I think this is for the best.

"Anna, are you ready?" asked dad, as he placed my right arm through his.

"Yeah dad." I replied, giving him a small smile.

The tension was eating me alive as we stood in front of the door, waiting. I could feel my palms sweat as I tightly squeezed the bouquet of flowers. A wave of emotions were rushing through me as we prepared for the grand entrance.

Suddenly the double door opened and a flash of light blinded my eyes. The chapel was filled with hundreds of people as they all turned their attention towards me. The music started playing and that was our cue to start walking.

I took in a big breath and began dragging my feet through the floor. My dad led the ways as we took baby steps down the aisle.

Breath Eliza, breath.

I tried to calm my nerves, but nothing was working.

Questions filled my head as I could feel the tingles in my stomach.

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!

Does my dress look okay?

What about my makeup?

Crap I have a wedgie, I need to pick it!

No, I can't do that! That's embarrassing! Get yourself together Eliza, you can't pick at your butt while hundreds of people are watching you.

As the thoughts plundered my mind, I looked up to see Ivan.

He was standing at the alter, dressed in his black tux that framed his toned body. He stood up straight and and his hair was neatly positioned to the side. His hands were clenched and I could see the nervousness in his face.

Substitute Brideजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें