Stories and Dark Places

Start from the beginning

" I couldn't agree more Little Fire Breather." he whispers and kisses my temple.

"Where do all these nick names come from, are they only used on Emmy or do all Dragoscales have one?" Kili asks. I laugh,

" I was given many nick names that refered to my mods or my attitude or my quirks, Little Dragon, is used by almost everyone because I am small compared to most of my kind." I explain, Kili smiles, amused.

" I call her Little Fire Breather because when she was little, sparks would literally fly from her mouth when she got angry." my Father adds in.

" Fire Shadow was given to me by the orcs because I would attack in the dead of night cooked in a wall of flame, and the Elves call me Fire Scales for I am the only Dragoscales known to catch my scales on fire." I continue, earning awed looks from Dwalin. "

Did the dwarves give you any names?" Ori asks shyly, I smile and shake my head.

"I never had the pleasure of getting one, they avoided me because of my size." I tell them, they seem to sink into thought, and silence envelopes us. Kili looks up from his pipe.

" Fire Jewel." he announces to the others, they nod their heads in thought. Thorin nods.

" Sounds fitting for a woman, and a dragon." he says, I smirk at his words.

I think Fire Jewel is very fitting for us. my dragons says, I nod.

" My dragon like it, as do I, yes, Fire Jewel, very good." I confirm, Kili grins in triumph

I lean against my father, sleep taking over.

I am awaken by my father, who is already dressed, his handsome features bright. He smiles down at me.

"Ready to go?"

I hop up and look to see where I am. The barn. Hay covers my clothes, and I rush into Beorn's house and throw on my tunic and pants, slipping on my black hunting boots. I gather all my stuff, and in no time, I am outside.

My hair is woven in a simple braid, the plaits Fili and Kili put there are running along my temples.

"Can we borrow horses, Beorn?" I hear Gandalf ask

I do not hear the rest as I rush into the stable. I know his answer will always be yes.

"Hurry up." Dad said."Also, there is a surprise for you in the stables."

I rush forward and find myself staring at an all to familiar stallion.

"Thunder!" I cry

It is good to see you Emerald! He whinnied and nuzzled me

I leaped into his back without a saddle and he trotted off. Beorn bid us a farewell as we set off. Dad's horse was a proud blood bay with strong strides, big enough for Beorn to ride. The others horses were smaller, and Bilbo rode behind me again. We walked on, heading for Mirkwood. The first looms up in front of us, black and evil

"The forest feels sick." Bilbo mutters, Gandalf nods.

"There is a darkness I've fit, unsaddle the horses, let them return to their master!" he says, walking towards the front gates of Mirkwood.

I stare at the forest, a heavy weight settling in my chest, this place is evil.

"Don't untie my horse, I need him!" gandalf suddenly yells at Ori and Dori, who look at him confused.

"Your not leaving?" Bilbo asks worriedly.

"There is business I must attend to!" Gandalf answers, swinging into the saddle.

" Gandalf, I found something in the goblin caves." Bilbo says suddenly ,I look at him sharply, gandalf curiously.

"What did you find?" he says, leaning towards the hobbit. Bilbo swallows deeply before taking his fingers out of his small waist pocket.

"My courage." he finally answers.

That is not what he was going to say. My dragons remarks I silently agree with her.

Gandalf smiles," Good, that's good, you'll need it." he says and then turns to the others.

"Stick to the path, no matter what, stay on the path!" he warns and rides

off, not looking back. I turn to Thunder Snow.

"Ready old friend?" I ask him, he flicks his ears.

'Always and forever Fire Wings.' he tells me and nuzzles my face.

"Come on, there is a long journey ahead." Thorin calls out and we plunge into the darkness of Mirkwood.