His pants were still unzipped, and luckily I had just worn a loose-fitting sundress to disguise my baby bump. He was inside me in seconds, and we both groaned at the feeling the two of us loved the most.

"I love you so much," he breathed in between kisses.

"I love you too," I replied, gasping as he thrust in and out of me. "You are more than good enough for me." I moaned as he hit a different spot. "You are the best thing for me. You are the only thing."

He buried his head in the crook of my neck and attached his lips to my skin as he began to go harder and faster.

I cried out at how fucking good it felt, and soon I was coming undone around him. He followed suit soon after, and afterward he paused as both of us stared at each other, panting and our chests heaving. There was so much love in that stare, it was palpable.

He leaned down and kissed me softly on the lips before he slid out of me and both of us sat up to straighten ourselves up a bit.

"Promise me you'll still want me like that when I'm bigger," I breathed.

He smirked at me. "I might want you even more." We both laughed. "I think I might be one of those dudes who's obsessed with his chick being pregnant."

I laughed before I looked at him again. "Promise me you'll still want me after the baby comes."

He looked at me, his face serious. He reached up to smooth my hair, and his hand lingered on my cheek. "Baby, there isn't a chance in hell I won't want you. You are it." He leaned in to whisper in my ear. "Haven't I fucked all this doubt out of you?"

I shivered and blushed. Of course he had; long ago. "Almost."

He leaned back with a confused expression and I winked at him. "I might need another reminder when we get home."

.....

.Carl.

Fuck her rich, stuck-up parents. I would take care of her just fine without their help or approval. This poor baby would have no grandparents to love and dote on him or her, though, and that made me sad. The best the baby would have would be Frank. That made me laugh out loud.

"What?" Layla grinned from the seat next to me. She looked so fucking beautiful, all disheveled from what we'd just done in the backseat.

I smiled at her. "I thought of Frank being a grandfather."

She laughed and rolled her eyes. "This poor child."

We got home and I took the dogs out while Layla tried to find some food. We hadn't ended up eating earlier, after all.

When I came back up, she was standing by the stove. I came up behind her and rested my chin on her shoulder as I wrapped my arms around her.

"I hope grilled cheese is alright," she grinned, turning her head to kiss me.

"Anything you make is awesome," I smiled as my hands rested on her stomach.

Oh course, Layla's grilled cheese ended up being anything but ordinary. She'd used a fancy cheese I couldn't pronounce, and there was bacon and tomato on it.

"This is exactly what I needed," I sighed as the two of us sat next to each other on the couch. "I bet this is better than anything they make at that boujee-ass steakhouse."

She laughed and leaned her head on my shoulder. I felt a tear hit my shirt sleeve.

I set my sandwich down and got off the couch to kneel in front of her. "Hey, we're gonna be okay," I assured her, rubbing her legs.