Marking of Lovers

*What are you doing here, kit?* Kyuubi asked, though not unkindly. Naruto had made a lot of progress with the demon sealed inside of him. He had actually made it to where Kyuubi would talk nicely to him.

"I wanted to ask a favor of you, if that is all right." Naruto said, just to pique his interest. Naruto had carefully shielded his mind so that Kyuubi couldn't access it. Naruto wanted to ask in person.

*What do you want then?* Kyuubi asked a bit harshly. Naruto knew that he was trying the fox's patience. He thought it was necessary, however, so that he could get the attention he needed. Kyuubi didn't give away his chakra very often. Naruto had never asked for use of it like this so he didn't know what to expect.

"I need your chakra to heal Akamaru. I'm sure you remember him. After all he almost beat me in the Chunin exams. You should know how important Kiba is to me by now." Naruto said with a lot more confidence then he felt.

*What does it matter to me? He isn't my boyfriend. I have no claim to him nor do I want one. You know perfectly well that I don't give my chakra away often.* Kyuubi said in that fear inducing voice that would usually have Naruto quivering. However, Naruto wasn't to be swayed from his original purpose.

"It matters to you because I would rather die than live my life without him. If I die, then you die as well and something tells me that you like living."

*Are you threatening me boy?* Kyuubi asked menacingly. Naruto ignored the fear that was threatening to bubble up inside of him. Too much was at stake for him to chicken out.

"No I am simply pointing out a fact. So will you help me out or not? It's your choice." Naruto said agreeably enough, although the undertone held enough acid to show that he wasn't kidding.

*You are pushing it kit. However, I suppose that I have no choice. You will owe me though, and I get to choose just how the debt is repaid. You should probably wake up now. I think your mate is waking.* And with that, Kyuubi threw Naruto out of the cage. Naruto snapped awake. He found that Kyuubi was indeed telling the truth. Kiba was waking up.

"Good morning sleepy head. Time to get up. We have a big day planned. I'll make breakfast for you." Naruto said lightly. He got up and dressed while Kiba woke up completely. "I talked with Kyuubi and he said that it was fine if I used his chakra. I'm ready whenever you are." Naruto said while walking out of his room. He got out an old frying pan as well as some eggs and bacon. The smell of cooking slowly filled the apartment. The smell made Kiba come out of the room. He took and appreciative sniff.

Kiba came out of the room in his boxers and nothing else. Naruto glanced over him appreciatively. "Can we head out when we are done eating? I am starving." Kiba asked with a bit of trepidation.

"Of course." They finished the rest of their meal in silence, both thinking about what would happen that day. Kiba was worried about it not working at all, while Naruto was worried about the side effects that Akamaru might have from exposure to the fox's chakra.

Naruto calmed down his nerves and entered the state of mind that allowed him to talk to Kyuubi while still awake. 'Hey Kyu. Do you think this will have any negative effects?' Naruto thought to Kyuubi. If the side effects were too severe, then Naruto resolved that he wouldn't be able to go through with it.

*He will most likely have heightened senses, sometimes severe itching, and more pronounced symptoms when he goes into heat. That will stay with him for the rest of his life while the other two are only temporary.* Kyuubi said and Naruto had no reason not to trust him.