My eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets for the second time that day. "What? Are you sure you want to go there? Are you sure? Are you sure it's safe for us there? Do you even know where it is?" I blurted it out all in one breath.

"Are you sure you don't come here often? Are you sure this isn't just a trap to lure me in?" a small voice in my head echoed my two unasked questions.

Questions that I do not know the answer to. Questions that, if answered, would reveal too much. Questions that will easily determine my entire life ahead of me.

"No," I answered the small voice, doing my best to push that voice away; out of my thoughts, way out of my thoughts.

"Oh, really? Now, now. Haven't you just contradicted yourself? You do know the answer to those questions, Willow, right at the back of your head. But problem is, you're just way too scared to dig it out. You're just way too scared to find out the truth," that same small voice taunted me.

"No! You've got your facts all wrong! It's not that I don't want to know! It's just that it's not in my business to ask!"

"Oh really? Aren't you just lying to yourself there? You know you want to know it all."

"Oh, just shut up will you?" I exclaimed out loud.

Gray was taken aback by my sudden outburst. He looked... What's that word? It's on the tip of my tongue... I should know this... Oh right! Concerned. He looked concerned. "What's wrong?"

And it was only then did I realise that I was talking to myself. Both in my head, and out loud. My cheeks flushed in embarrassment. "Nothing," I muttered. "Ignore me."

He sighed, and his lips soon curved up into a warm and comforting smile. He pecked me swiftly on the lips. "Well, that's a relief."

He paused for a while. "Wait! I don't mean that it's a relief to ignore you! I mean that it's a relief that nothing's wrong!" he tried to defend himself even though I did not say anything.

I chuckled softly for a while at what he said, and then stopped. And that suddenly, a realisation hit me on the face like a brick. Gray and I haven't kissed for a very long time already. A kiss as in a real kiss, not just a peck. He used to give me occasional pecks once a while. But a kiss? It's been a long time. And our lips have not even met once since I found out about him knowing Desmond. Especially since I found out about him knowing Desmond.

The two of us walked down the street, hand in hand, silently. No one was speaking a word. No one was saying a thing. And I didn't want to be the one who had to break the silence. So, we just walked silently together.

We just walked and walked and walked and walked and walked and walked. Until Gray stopped. Our interlaced fingers yanked me back, stopping me from walking any further. The sudden jerking made pain shoot up my arm.

"Oww..." I groaned, almost inaudibly.

"We're here," he breathed into my ear.

I turned to look at what he was looking at. It looked just like a normal office building, just the same old office building like any other in this part of the city. He walked me over to the door and pulled it open for me. I walked in.

And the inside of the office – or building... Whatever! I don't care! – made my insides grow weak, and made my knees feel like Jell-O.

It was just like a 5-star lobby! Or even better! If that's even possible.

There was even a mini fountain smack in the middle of the lobby – and the water was crystal clear, note that – and everything looked like it was made out of gold.