Chapter 1: In Another World

Start from the beginning

According to how much he has learned from all the books in his mother's study, this is a world where many other fantasy and mythical beings existed which were not from Earth. Its Science and Technology is far from the current Earth's technology. This was a world where not even steampunk existed and only simple mechanisms like wooden wheels are used.

In order to fill in the empty space of technology, magic was used as a replacement. In this world, magic was known as the equilibrum of the world, which was what created this world and all. Life was created from magic, fulfilling everyday's needs. Everywhere was filled with magic. Though a little outdated, there was no need of any science or technology due to magic. This caused the place to look like how Earth was in the old times before the discovery of science.

In this world, magic schools existed instead of the ordinary schools like those from Earth. Students at the age of 9 can attend elementary school and continue studying until they reached 18, the legal age for adulthood and getting jobs.

Certain jobs in this world were similar to those in Earth, only that all the jobs of this world requires magic. Even a simple farm needs magic to mark the livestock as their own. The job extends from farmers to adventurers, where the difficulty rises again and again. Adventurers are one of the most common jobs in this world, and also one with high end risk.

Being an adventurer was like a double-edged sword. You can go adventuring around the world in search of unexplored regions or discovering special items, but there is always a risk of dying on each mission you carry out. You can either live a safe and cheep life as a normal citizen with normal jobs within the city, or you can be live a dangerous but reward-filling life of being an adventurer.

Of course, in this other world, there are also political issues. There are a few regions around the world, which was estimated by Shoku to be a lot smaller than Earth, whose population was not even a third of Earth. This world, known by the inhabitants of it as Erude, has five main regions. The land region, the sky region, the yokai region, the sea region and the uninhabitate region.

First off we have the land region. Needless to say, it was where Shoku is now. It was the biggest among the five of the regions, with more than half of the population of Erude. This was a land of humans, monsters and adventure.

Being one of the most advanced region among the five, it was a place where most of the known races were located. These races are divided into many different fractions. The main races are the human race, the elf race, the beastman race and the devil race.

The human race, one of the most dominance race which are constantly fighting and claiming new territories.

The beastman race, more commonly known as 'demi-humans' are made up of half animals and half humans. Due to their appearances of being human and animals, that was what gave them their names. They are divided into the wolf clan, the cat race, the dog race and the lizardman race.

The wolf clan is one of the races in Erude that has the highest pride, next to the dragon clan. It is considered sacred, in which they are really rare to be found. Mostly hidden deep within the forest, they are not allowed to be slaves as it would break the peace treaty between them and the other races. They would not hesitate to start a war over one of their kind being killed.

The cat and dog race. Commonly found in towns, cities and mostly all over the place. They coexist well with humans, but it still depends on which area. In the land region, there are many fractions of kingdoms as the region is huge. Depending on the region, the cat and dogs race can either be friends, or slaves.

The lizardman race. The same as the goblins and orcs, they are mindless monsters found mostly in dungeons to be killed by adventurers as rewards. Though moatly found in caves, goblins, orcs and lizardmen seldom have their own hideout in the forest where they stir up trouble, which makes them a target for elimination.