Two Boys Laughing

"Dude," Zayn said, trying to break Louis' tensed attitude, "Chill."

Louis and Zayn were currently dining at the college student center.

"I can't."

Zayn rolled his eyes, raising his pierced eyebrow: "He'll like it. Trust me. You worked so hard for it."

"God, I just I can't handle it," Louis was cut off when Harry shyly sat next to him and said:

"Can't handle what?" He looked like Bambi when he tilted his head cutely. Louis died.

He turned to Zayn when he spoke.

"Louis can't handle his major crush on you," Zayn whispered to Harry as if Louis wasn't there. Both Louis and Harry blushed, making Zayn coo.

Louis said, "Shut up, Zen." He knew that pissed Zayn off, which it did, because next thing he knew, Zayn excused himself. However, he wasn't serious when he turned and mouthed the words Good Luck.

It was quiet after that, Harry and Louis both eating their lunch.

Louis broke the silence, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomforta-"

Harry smiled, "I'm not. I just- I, don't know what to say." He scratched his curls and placed his hands on his lap.

Louis followed his hands and by instinct he went to grab them, but Harry pulled away a little. Then, he relaxed when Louis started caressing his covered palm with his thumb.

Louis smiled, "I was gonna ask you if, uh, you wanted to go out Sunday?"
Louis had been planning on asking Harry all week but he was just so scared for rejection or something of that sort.

Harry looked down at their joined hands and sadly sighed: "I can't."

Louis' heart broke a little, "Why?" He squeezed Harry's hands a little tighter, making Harry nervous.

"Stop squeezing my hand so hard," Harry whimpered. Louis stopped, but he was suddenly pissed.

"Why can't you go with me?" Louis crossed his arms and leaned towards Harry.

"Because-- I don't know, I just," he sighed, "I feel like there's going to be a repeat of the other night and I don't think i'm ready to face the world even though i'm used to it-"

"So you'll rather stay in the dorm Sunday night and stay scared your whole life than go out with me and trust me and just accept me for who I am," Louis rapidly said, aggressively speeding his last words out of frustration. Louis was acting irrational, it just came out though.

Harry pulled his hand away from Louis and frowned, "What do you mean I don't accept you?"

"I feel like your dodging me because of who I am, and what I have-"

Harry's eyes watered, "If you can't see that I accept you and that I try so hard for you then you can go fuck yourself." His soft voice cracked at the last word, and with that, he stood up and shoved his leftover food in a container. Finally, he left.

While he was doing that, Louis sat there still mad, but this time, with his hands in hair. He thought, I'm always fucking things up. Stupid fucking disorder. He stood up and slammed his food in the trashcan, causing a bigger scene than with Harry.

He looked around, "What the fuck are you looking at?" Eyes went back to their conversation and Louis sighed, walking to the dorm room.

-

After falling asleep with Harry's back to him, Louis woke up with a severe headache.

He stood and cracked his back, yawning. He brushed his teeth and he found Harry's bed to be empty and neatly well done.

He threw on a t-shirt and ripped skinny jeans with his black vans top it off.

He wanted to go apologized for his stupidity but at the same time, it wasn't. Either way, he just didn't want Harry giving him the nasty look. But he wouldn't; because, his Harry isn't like that.

Louis strolled trough campus, looking for the green-eyed angel, when suddenly he stopped.

Right there in front of him was Harry, standing in a area near the library.

But he wasn't alone.

There was a boy with black hair, with maybe light-colored eyes, laughing with him.

And the thing that gave Louis' heart a sting was that Harry laughed back, without a single care. (or so he thought)

Louis walked towards them and he looked statue-like, stopping the two boys laughing.
Harry looked at him and looked down to his gloves. The boy looked at Louis strangely (he was a stranger, so it seemed weird that Louis just stared at them).

Louis suddenly smiled and raised his eyebrows, "Hey Harry, who's your friend?" Louis wanted to strangle the new boy.

Harry was slightly uncomfortable.

The boy was confused but suddenly smiled, making his right earring shimmer in light, "Oh, I'm Fionn. Nice to meet you." He held his hand out for Louis.

Louis smugly smiled back, shaking his hand, "Oh okay, well I'm Harry's boyfriend."