Chapter Four // His Voice

Start from the beginning

I gave him Two death stare, seeing him hesitantly turn his head away. Gosh darn you Two-Bit. He knows me so well enough to know why I'm grinning, especially this much around Pony.

"I-I'm kinda sleepy, I guess I'm just tryna keep myself awake." What a dumb excuse Johnny.

"Mhm." Two mumbled. I was infuriated at him, if I could just-

"Johnny," I turned my head and Pony was sitting on the couch. He patted it for me to sit next to him.

What a cutie.

I walked up to the couch and sat next to him closely. I scooted a little further to him, Two giving me a slight smile.

Man, my knuckles were ready.

I felt my eyes wanting to close. I didn't know what to do so I just put my head back and shut them.

"Johnny," Pony whispered.

"W-what happened?" I opened my eyes.

"D-do you wanna go sleep in my bed? You look pretty tired."

I looked and saw Two-Bit was watching another movie. "You sure it's alright?" I took off my jacket, laying it on the couch.

"It's fine with me, I don't mind."

I nodded. "Well okay," We both got up and went to his room. My heart was thumping. I thought Two was gonna say something but he didn't.

Relief was the best thing. Pony closed the door, I felt my face get a little warm. It was just him and me in the room, and nobody else. I climbed onto his bed. I didn't put the sheets over me, I just laid there.

I blushed even more when I felt Pony get on the bed. He had a book and was just laying there, next to my head, reading.

"What book is it this time Pone?" I was curious at his selection of books.

"To Kill A Mockingbird," I've heard of that book, I think I read a chapter or two with him once.

"Didn't we read that book once? Then we stopped because you lost the page we were on?"

"Yea, Johnny how do you remember?"

"I just recognize the name because you were obsessed with that book and couldn't stop readin' it with me."

"Oh,"

"I heard they're probably gonna make a movie out of it,"

He traced the cover of the book. "Sounds exciting,"

I nodded.

"We should go see it together," I nodded again, quicker this time.

"Yea," I smiled at him.

"Want me to read you a page? I bet it'll help."

I rested my head down and sighed lightly. "Sure Pony, go ahead."

He started reading a page of the book. I looked up at the ceiling, hearing Pony's soothing voice cope with my sleepiness. I loved how he would say the words with such character.