Chapter Twenty-Two

Alright,

I'm doing this update just to let off some steam.

As you all probably know, I work a job with an After school Place. I love my job and adore the kids that are there. But summer camp is fucking hell.

I work noon to 5:30 days now. I'll be starting 7:30 to 5:30 days soon.

With that, someone, who is suppose to be driving, has resigned. We are officially working on a two person team of team leaders.

My boss can't do any heavy lifting for the next six weeks because she just had her surgery at 2 pm today.

And my mom and dad have jobs where they are our of the house from 9 am to 9 pm. My 13 year old brother is home alone with the kids from noon to 3 or 5pm.

Meaning, I am putting my book on hiatus.

I told myself that I wasn't gonna do this, that I was gonna finish the book without putting it on hiatus. But with my work schedule being fucked up. My other four siblings being taken care of by a recent teen, my mom working two jobs to help keep this household afloat, I just don't have the time for any of this.

I'm sorry to all of you. Next chapter is down below. And though I am going on hiatus, I will be replying to as many comments as possible.

Onto the story...

~~~~~

Conner's P.O.V.

"Dammit."

I kick a can across the roof, watching as Tim leaves onto another roof.

"I don't think he's gonna listens." Jaime says. "Not after Bart got hurt."

"And I probably shouldn't have come with." Dick says, walking towards us. "He's obviously still upset about your last encounter with Beast Boy and Tuki."

(Please help me find a hero name for my OC. He is basically like Gar except he can only shift into a panda. Cause I like pandas....)

"I'm not surprised, either." Jaime says. "If someone I cared about was hurt, even the slightest, I'd be upset at whoever caused it."

I nod, looking towards where he had run off.

"We should probably get back to Mount Justice."

Time Skip

Once back to Mount Justice, Dick walked back towards his room. Jaime and I moved out to the Living Room, finding Evey still awake with Ulf.

"You're back!" She says. "Any luck getting through to them?"

"It was only Tim. And he was pretty pissed. He didn't want to see us." Jaime explains as I sit on the couch.

"Bringing Nightwing didn't help." I sigh, stuffing my face in my hands.

They go silent, shuffling the only on thing I heard.

"Conner, we'll get them back. We'll get Tim back. We just gotta work with the flow around them. Move forward with our plans as they move forward." Evey says, sitting next to me now.

I look up to find the she was the only one in the room now. Ulf and Jaime must have retired to their rooms for the night.

Evey's hand smooths over my arm, an attempt to get me to relax. The stress of Tim's memory loss leaves me leaning against the back of the couch.

"We'll get them back, Kon-El.."

Tim's P.O.V.

The soft growl of my motorcycle stops as I turn the key. The garage door closes behind me, locking the house up again.

"Back so early, hun?"

I sigh, closing the door behind me. I shuffle over to Mum, hugging het close.

"That kind of night, huh?" She says, hugging me while she gently rocks us side to side.

"Yea.. It was boring out there." I say, yawning.

"Well, go change then head to bed." She says, kissing the top of my head. "We'll be doing something as a family later."

I smile and nod, hugging her one last time before setting a course for upstairs. The soft hall lights he'll me as I stumble around objects left in the hall.

My bedroom door freaks open. I quickly change from my suit to just boxer and a t-shirt. Bart was still asleep once I climb into my bed.

He was huddled up by the wall, blankets lain over top of him and a pillow clenched in his grip. I smile before laying opposite of him, curling up under my blankets.

I stare at the ceiling as Bart's light snoring fills the rooms. The moon shines through the curtains, giving me enough light to see some faded scars on his upper arm.

"What happened to you, Bart?" I sigh, curling into a ball under the sheets.

~~~~~

Thanks for letting me rant. You all really didn't have a choice cause it's up in the story.

Anyways, this'll be on hiatus for a while. With someone from work resigning and only two people are gonna be on full days, it's gonna be shit. You all,will probably see me reading around, but that about it till I can publish/take this story back of hiatus.

Thank you all,for understanding. I hope to have it back up before school starts again.

Bye, babes