Chapter Eight

Conner's P.O.V.

Jaime and I walk around Gotham, looking for Tim and Bart and keeping an eye out for trouble.

Am alarm went off at a nearby jewelry store and saw people running out, covering their mouths and coughing. "Sumac and Catlad." Jaime growled softly.

"Lets go." I say gruffly, running towards the store.

Tim's P.O.V.

I cut off the cameras and sneak in with Bart behind me. He drops sleeping plants into some pots on a counter. "Did you cut the alarms?" He whispers, making the plants grow steadily.

"Yes." I whisper back.

But, oh, I was wrong.

We sneak into the back room, closing the door gently, Quickly, we head over to the glass case containing rings and other jewelry that they didn't show to the public. The put our fingers on the edge of the glass.

"Trois, deux, un."

We lift the glass top but almost immediately drop it back down when we heard the alarm go off.

"Shit!"

Bart pulls me onto his back and runs, handing me a rebreather as the plants open. Quickly, he zooms out and into the alley my bike was parked a few alleys over. Dizzily, I get off his back and stumble over to my bike, sitting on the edge facing him. "You alright, bro?" He asks, seeing me dizzy and trying to calm down Venus.

"Yea." I reply, shaking my head "Sorry, man."

"It's alright, Tim. Sometimes things are just harder to deactivate."

"Riiiiiight. Because a jewelry has a better security system than the museum."

Bart rolls his eyes. "At least we didn't get caught."

"Don't be so sure, ese."

"And, fuck."

~~~~~

I'm sorry.

It's so short.

My creativity is not as high as it use to be

Fight scene is next

Next chapter will be longer

I'm so tired

I acolyte tomorrow

Fuuuucking hell