Chapter 17

Cry's pov

I woke up next to Felix... naked. I blushed as the memories from the night before came rushing back to me. I looked to see Felix sound asleep next to me. I cuddled next to him, taking in his scent, and trying to ignore the pain running up my back. 'I'm gonna be sore for a while.' After about an hour, Felix started to wake up. I watched as his eyes fluttered open and a smile appeared on his face. "Morning," Felix said, his voice groggy. "Morning," I smiled back. "Maybe we should clean up a bit, huh?" I blushed and nodded. Felix laughed as he carried me to the bathroom, since I couldn't walk on my own. We cleaned ourselves and watched tv in the living room.

Scott and Snake arrived around 2 in the afternoon and Russ called, saying he couldn't make it. We decided not to talk about what we had learned and just enjoy each other's company. We played video games and had dinner together. Scott had explained Snake's story to us, and we agreed to help him in any way we could. I told them I would tell Russ later, which they agreed to. Felix got a call and left to answer it. When he got back, he seemed happy about something and asked to speak to me about it later. I was confused, but agreed to it and spent the time before that with the others. After they left, I looked to Felix and he seemed to be about to explode. "So, what was it you wanted to talk about? You seem excited about it."

"I am! Minx called me and told me something amazing!" He exclaimed in joy. I laughed at his happy attitude, "What did she say?" "She told me that there is a way to change Snake back into a human!" My eyes widened and I stared at him for a minute, before smiling. "Really? That's amazing. How did she even know about that?" He looked down sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck before replying, "I may have texted her when Scott explained it to us while nobody was looking." I shook my head in fake disappointment while laughing softly. "Well? How do we do it then?" I asked. "Well.... I'm not sure you'll like the way it's done." "Why is that?" He looked at me with a guilty look before continuing. "Minx said we would need the power of an Ice Keeper and Flame Keeper. I told her I might know one and could ask them about it. This would mean you would have to reveal your secret."

Felix's pov

The look on his face said it all, the look of horror and conflict. He probably didn't know if he wanted to reveal that to Minx and Snake, possibly Scott and Russ. I walked over to him and pulled him into a hug. "I knew it would be difficult for you to do it. I didn't tell Minx who it was I was referring to and I won't ever tell her, unless I have your permission. I would never do that to you, Cry." I whispered to him, rubbing small circles on his back. He seemed to calm down a bit and hugged me back. "I don't know if I can do this," He said in a whisper. If I wasn't so close to him, I don't think I would have heard him. "Think about it. I will be there with you to the end." I felt him nod and pulled away to look at him. I removed his mask and pecked him on the lips. He smiled and told me he'd try to do it with me.

I told Minx we could go through with the plan and was told to meet up at a building tomorrow. She gave me directions and said to only bring Snake and the Flame Keeper. The next day I did just that, though it was hard to get Scott to stay behind. We found the building, which seemed to be an old church, and saw Minx standing at the entrance. She waved at us and ran to give me a hug, which I returned in kind. She looked at Cry with a confused face, then rushed us inside and explained how this would work. "First, I wanna say I'm surprised that Cry was the Flame Keeper you were talking about, Felix, but also not." She giggled at my confused reaction and waved her hand. "Anyway, so how this will work. Basically, I found that you two have powers when working together and I think it will work to change you back, Snake. I will have the two of you stand in a circle that I will draw on the floor, and hold hands. Snake, you will stand on another circle and concentrate on what I tell you to. Follow my chant and this should work." "I don't understand exactly how our powers will work," Cry asked, confused. Minx looked to him, "Having two power sources at odds should rebound whatever was done to Snake. I know that it wasn't done by magic, and by experiment, from what Felix told me. I think that the two of you combining powers could reverse the effects of what is holding you in the state. There are powers you possess that even I can't understand." Cry and I nodded, both looking to Snake.

"I won't lie, I'm nervous, but I don't have anything to lose in trying." "Ok then! I'll start the circle," Minx exclaimed and got up. We waited for her to finish the circles and get the incantation she needed for this. I could tell we were all nervous about this, but before I could say anything, Minx called us over to start. "Ok, so stand here but don't hold hands yet." Nodding, we walked over to the circle and stood, facing each other. "Snake, you go here, close your eyes and empty your mind of thoughts." Snake did as he was told and sat in the circle. Minx started to speak another language. "Now, Felix and Cry must hold hands. Snake, you must imagine yourself as a human. It doesn't matter if it's an adult or child version. Just imagine yourself." I grabbed Cry's hands and steam started to form again. I felt the squeeze from Cry and returned it with a small smile. I felt the surge of energy run through my body, catching me by surprise. Minx continued to chant, making the energy stronger. Cry seemed to waver for a minute, but held his ground. 'I don't know how much longer I can hold this.' I heard Cry's voice in my head. My eyes widened before I thought, 'Cry?' His head jerked a bit towards me but I couldn't see his face do to the damn mask. 'Felix? Are you in my head?' 'I think so. I don't understand what's happening.' 'Me neither.' A sudden light caught my eye and the circle around us broke, sending us backwards to the ground.