Capture.

"Where did mommy go?" A sleepy Daisy awakens from her slumber only to find Zayn sitting in a rocking chair, drawing something.

"Sh..babygirl, don't move."

"What are you doing, daddy?" She giggles, frozen in place as Zayn continued to draw.

"I'm trying to capture your beauty." Zayn says.

"You're being silly. Let me see." She says, grabbing at the notebook.

Zayn smiles and hands it to her.

"Oh my gosh..it's so pretty!" She grins, tiny fingers tracing the delicate pencil marks.

"Just like you," he states, pecking her cheek.

She smiles, leaning into her father's shoulder. "I'm so happy you came back, daddy."

"So am I." He whispers into her dark curly hair, genuinely meaning his words.

+

Jesse was extremely frustrated, rolling his eyes at his ex-literature teacher.

Jesse hated Zayn with a passion.

Although Nash denied it, in Jesse's mind, Zayn both raped and took advantage of her innocence.

He was her teacher and guidance councilor and instead of helping her, he destroyed her.

Not just physically but mentally.

She had the capacity to do such great things; but it her abilities would be forever limited by her daughter.

Not to mention, she got kicked out of her home once her parents found out she was pregnant.

Forever leaving Nash with a crippling separation anxiety.

"Are you even paying attention?" Zayn snaps, annoyed at Jesse.

"You're not my teacher anymore, I'm not obligated to listen to you."

"But you should if you want this published. I know people, I could get you places."

Zayn says, throwing the poetry onto Jesse's lap.

"I don't believe you. You're just temporary, in a few months you'll be gone."

"Has she told you she loves you?" Zayn asks patiently, leaning back on the couch.

"Of course."

"Did she say love or in love?" Zayn pauses, waiting for his response.

There was only silence.

"See that's the difference between you and I. She loves you, she's in love with me. And you know what's the difference between love and in love? For a while and forever."

"Shut the fuck up before I throw you out of my house."

Zayn ruffled Jesse's jet black hair, and exited the living room with a triumphant grin on his face.

Zayn: 1, Jesse: 0