Chapter 6

No matter how many times Peter went to the Avengers tower, he could never get over the size of it. Looming so tall over all the other buildings, to think a wormhole had stood right above the tower only a few years ago. A text to Happy earlier had ended with an immediate invite to come to the Avengers tower after school.

A quick ride on the subway and he was in the busy town of New York. Entering the bottom of the tower Friday's voice instructed him to enter the lift, and he went up to the top level. The doors opened and Happy stood there holding up his phone with an article on the Oscorp fire.

"Did this have anything to do with you?"

"Yeah about that..." Peter started sheepishly scratching the back of his head "That's what I wanted to talk to you about."

After being offered a variety of drinks, both alcoholic and soft, Peter was able to explain what had happened last night. The weapons he'd seen, how he'd saved the scientists and how he had erased all the files. All the while Happy had sat there listening silently.

"C-can you say at least something. I want to know if I did the right thing."

Happy removed his hand perched on his chin sitting up straight on the leather sofa.

"Yeah, you did the right thing kid."

"Even erasing all the files?"

"Definitely. The public don't know this but Oscorp has been gradually moving further and further down the list of weapons developers. And now it seems they've looked to villains like the Chitari and The Vulture for inspiration."

"Oh..."

But then the conversation was paused when Peter's phone started to ring.

"Who's that?" Happy asked.

Looking at the screen it was a blank screen as it was (Y/N), they traded numbers at the end of the day.

"A girl?" Happy smirked.

"N-no just a new student at school who I made friends with!" Peter was quick to tell him.

"Uh huh yeah sure."

"C-can we just get back to the fire? Like do you know how it started?"

"I've actually looked into the fire myself. As it turns out it was started by an old employee with a grudge because he was fired, they left a device to start a fire an hour after everyone should have left. And by the sounds of it those scientists and Norman Osborn stayed behind to secretly work on those shit weapons."

"So? So what's going to happen to those scientists, and Norman?"

"Well they haven't broken any laws, so there's nothing we can do about those weapons. Besides you sorted all that out. But I'll get the Stark relief foundation of the scene to help with the clean up of the tower."

"Is that it?"

"Why is there anything else you want to tell me?"

"No, that's everything that happened. I promise."

"Sounds to me like your worried about Norman."

"Well i-it's just that I know his son. Harry Osborn, and I know they'll probably be struggling at the moment."

"Okay then, how about this? I'll ask Tony if we can help them rebuild some of their labs?"

"You'd do that!?" Peter exclaimed his mood drastically improving.

"Course I will if it finally puts that cheesy smile back on your face."

"My smile is cheesy?"