14: History

The word Christian means a person who has received Christian baptism or is a believer in Jesus Christ and his teachings according to google, but being a real Christian is so much more to that.

I'm pretty new at this so I'm still learning about all of it.

I can tell you this it might not make things easier, but it gives you hope that there is something more.

When you feel lonely, remember God is with you. When you are broken, remember God can comfort you. When you are hurt, God can heal you. When you feel like no one loves you, remember Jesus loves you. When you feel like you want to die, remember God made you for a purpose. When you think you are ugly or not pretty, remember God made you in His image. When you cry, remember He counts and holds every tear in His hands.

•+•

I exit the store and see Zayden leaning against a car.

I glance down at the ground and keep walking towards him. "Hi, Zayden."

He smiles at me. "Lillian, I have a question for you."

"Ask away."

"Do you trust me?"

"Yes."

"Prove it to me and get in the car."

I get in the passenger seat and he gets in the driver's seat. It doesn't take him long to get where he wants to go. He stops in his driveway.

"What about your mom?"

He glances at me. "She wants to talk to you."

I sigh and follow him into his house. We go into his kitchen where his mom is cooking.

"Hello, Lillian."

"Hi."

"Are you hungry?"

"Not really."

She nods and puts something in the oven. "We have an hour to talk. Tell me about yourself."

I shrug. "Not much to tell."

She sighs. "Zayden."

"She didn't know we where coming here."

"She justs wants to be with you. She doesn't care about anything else!"

"I only have two friends, Zayden and Reagan. Reagan and I don't hang out much because I work most of the time. I care about a lot of things."

"Do you go to church?"

I nod. "The same one that you go to."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"How many boyfriends have you had?"

"Mom!" Zayden exclaims and his cheeks turn a shade of pink.

"None," I smile.

"How come?"

"Multiple reasons. I was bullied a lot. I wasn't happy. I didn't really like anyone."

"But now?"

"My bullies have changed, hopefully anyway. I'm happy and I like someone."

"Would you date the boy you like?"

I shrug. "If God wants me to. Right now I'm happy being single, but if the opportunity came up that I could date someone, I might depending on who it is."

Zayden's mom smiles and motions me closer to her. I hesitantly step closer to her. She hugs me. "I'm sorry. I was just trying to protect my son."

I nod and close my eyes as tears come to my eyes. I hug her back. "It really hurt what you said, but I wouldn't go back in time and change what happened."

We let go of each other and I wipe my tears away. She puts a hand on my shoulder. "You are welcome here any time and I'm sure Zayden wants to hang out with you more."

I glance at him and he nods shyly. I smile. "I'll remember that."

I stayed at their house for three hours. We had lasagna for dinner and played games with Zayden's little brother.

Zayden's mom asked Zayden to take me home sith her car and I accepted the invitation. Once we were in my driveway, he walked me up to the front door.

"Did you have fun?" He asks.

"More than I thought I would," I answer.

"Me too," he nods. "So, you like someone?"

"Yeah. Do you?"

"Yeah," he says shyly.

"Who do you like?"

"You."

"I like you too."

And the rest is history. He asked me out and we courted until we were both out of college. A year after we were out of college, we got married.

We have been married for five years and don't have any children yet, but I found out that I'm pregnant today.

When I was younger, I thought Zayden was my knight in a black hoodie, but he showed my real knight. His name is Jesus Christ and He died for every single person in this world.

You may or not believe in him, but I do. Zayden does too.

I honestly do not know what I would do without Jesus in my life.

You have a choice to make. Jesus or the world? A blessing or a curse? Heaven or Hell?

They all mean the same thing. What will you choose?

The end