#drama

~Joshua's POV~

"Josh! Can I take a selfie?" 

"Josh! Autograph pls!" 

"I love you Josh!"

"Aaaaaah! BES HE'S SO CUUTEEE!"

Girls were screaming these words over and over as me and my bodyguard pressed through fans to get to the restaurant. 

As soon as we get to the door, my bodyguard holds it closed. 

~~~~~

"You're Mr. Rivera?" 

I'm sitting in front of this girl. My manager told me she's the winner of the singing competition. But, aside from that, I don't know anything about her. 

Sure, she has black straight hair. Light brown complexion. She had a white shirt on. She looked average looking. 

She looked...confusing. Well, I gotta be nice.

I extended my hand to her. "Yes. Hi, my name is-"

"Look, they told me I had to sit here because this was part of the prize. But, I'm not here to make friends with people like you." She just folds her arms.

She didn't even shake my hand!

I look away, pulling my hand back. Oh, the I'm-totally-not-your-fan drama.

I scroll through my social media accounts while we waited for the food. This girl was totally angry at something.

"Hi, we're with the Stars Magazine and we wanted to take a picture of you two for an article." Someone said, interrupting the silence between us.

I put on a smile, "Sure."

"Do I look okay?" The girl says across from me, asking Guy 1. Clearly pretending to be happy. Her smile was way too fake.

"We want you two to stand next to each other." Guy 1 says. Guy 2 is busy setting up his camera.

Oh man, standing by an angry girl is awkward. And she's pretending to be happy about it.

But we smile. 

"Okay," Guy 1 says quickly, "Say, 'Inter-school singing competition is the best!'" 

The girl laughs just as the camera flashes. "Excuse me? I thought you were gonna shout, 'Say cheese?'"

Guy 1 laughs. Saying something corny. 

I realize she looks and acts normal with Guy 1 and 2. So, why is she so mad at me?

They leave and we sit back down just as they bring in drinks and breadsticks. I look up to see her back to this serious/mad/annoyed face. 

I roll my eyes. What was this girl drama?

While we waited for the food, I looked at my phone.

I could feel she was staring at me. The silence grew louder and louder between us. After a few minutes, it felt so heated that I couldn't take it anymore. 

"Do you have a problem with me?" I say quietly. I could sense a few waiters were watching our moves.

"No, Starboy, I don't." She says in a huff.

I raise my eyebrows, "What did you just call me?" 

~~~~~~

~Angel's POV~

"Starboy. It fits the life of a prideful celebrity like you." I look at him carefully.

Who does he think he is? He walks into the restaurant like he owns the place. 

He just stares at his phone. He doesn't even want to be here.

"Ouch, you throw a lot of punches at strangers you don't know." He leans closer, sizing up a challenge.

"Thanks, I don't do it a lot." I lash back. 

Someone coughs next to us. I look up to see a man in a black suit. He turns to the boy across from me.

"How was dinner?" He says politely. Clearly he's this superstar's agent or something.

But the boy just stares at me as he drinks a little of his soda. "Oh," He says lightly, "Just perfect." He turns away as he slams his drink on the table. 

Suddenly orange soda splashes out and lands on my white shirt. 

I gasp in horror. My jaw drops. A couple eating on the table to the right, stares at me.

And the boy just walks out, his agent trailing behind him. 

"Whoa that grinder girl just got smushed." I glanced around. Two waiters were talking about me.

"She missed her chance of being friends with a celebrity." Waiter 1 clucks his tongue. 

My cheeks feel warm. I stand up, but accidentally slide in some spilled orange soda. Falling down, I hit my head hard. 

The restaurant grows quiet. I feel like everyone is staring at me.

I rush to the bathroom, trying to wash off the orange stain. Looking in the mirror, my eyes are wet with tears. 

"I don't need to make friends with celebrities. Peke yung mga friendships. Peke yung mga smiles nila." I tell myself, wiping away tears. "All they care about is their career, money, and themselves." 

I wipe my face, promising myself never to meet any superstar again.