Chapter 2 - A tutor?

I forgot to close the curtains so the sun wakes me up, I try to get back to sleep, but my mom is already making noise down there. I get up and go directly to the kitchen..

“Good Morning!”

“Morning” I mumble

“Slept well?”

“Not really. Dreamt too much.”

“What are you going to do today?”

“Nothing. I’m new here, no friends, no plan, no outs”

“Well you could make some. Go shopping or something, just don’t stay in all day.” She grabs her car keys

“Where are you going?”

“Grocery store “

“This early?”

“Yes, Violet. And you can finish to unbox all the stuff, Okay?”

“But I thought it was already done, with all that noise…”

She gives me that mother’s look, when you’re crossing the limit line

“Ok mum, I’ll do it.”

“See you later, sweetheart.”

“Buy some cookies” I yell.

Home alone, I’d never care about it, I’d love it, but now, it’s kind of stranger, feeling lonely. Because everything it’s strange, it’s unknown, I don’t know this house, this town, the people. It’s everything strange.  Ugh, I hate it here.

I sit in the sofa and turn on the TV. I start to be hungry so I eat a full bowl of my favourite cereals. Nothing interesting is on, so after eat I decide to read something, I go upstairs and grab my book that I was currently reading The Beatles,  by Lars Saabye Christensen. It is a beautiful day, the sun is shining and it’s a warm temperature for November So before  I go outside to read, I take a shower and switch for a hoodie and leggings. Then I sit in a chair in our new hallway, and start to read. Everything was calm, too calm, a few cars pass, some noises are heard because of the wind, and today nothing seem to please me. At least I didn’t stay ‘in all day’.

After a few minutes I return to inside, grab my cellphone and call my best friend Blair. Her voice was sweet, she says everything is okay there and I answer that here is everything alright too.  She says that everyone there misses me already, and I smile, after she promises me never break our friendship, we decide talk on Skype and texting each other all day. I believe not the part of texting each other all day, Or talking on Skype in the end of the day, but I believe her, I believe nothing will break our friendship, not even the distance. So I’m more relieved now.

I remember that I have unboxed all the things down stairs, so yes, I go down stairs. I start to take the photos and out them in the living room, pictures of me and Brian and my mother.  Another one with all of my family aunt and cousins and uncles, and grandmother.

And I sigh, because I really didn’t want to move, and I really want to make friends, and feel happy and peace, and all here it’s different and I hate it. Well the landscape it’s beautiful, I hope the people are nice too.

I hear the sound of a car, my mum arrived.

“Did you do something productive this morning?”

“Eat?”

“Did you do something that I asked you to?”

“yes?”

“Just the photos box?”