Harder

He was gone.

Trapped in the speed force.

When it hit her she wanted to scream. To fall down. To cry. Tears had already formed in her eyes, but she refused to let them fall. She needed to be strong. She wasn't the only one who lost someone they loved. Everyone surrounding them cared for Barry, and would mourn him.

She needed to be strong for her dad, for her brother, for him, so she didn't let the tears fall. She didn't break.

No matter how many times people hugged her, or asked her if she was fine.

She wasn't, but she just pretended to be.

The hardest times were when she would fall asleep in their bed, all alone.

When she went to Star Labs to find his suit untouched.

When she got the front page for an article, and she wanted to call him.

She never stopped though. Not for a second. She made a promise.

To keep running.

So she did.

6 months had gone by since that night.

 It was just another night.

Cisco and Wally were out on the street handling the criminals that were out celebrating the disappearance of the Flash. Forgetting about the other heroes that were out protecting Central City.  

"Cisco! Vibe you and Wally to the intersection of Fifth and Pike. You should be able to cut them off."

"Got it."

Sure enough they were able to stop the thieves.

After Barry leaving she stepped up as a leader for the team.

Cisco and Wally returned quickly returned. There was a beep. There were traces of unknown energy outside Star Labs.

"Got It." Wally yelled, and the two were off again.

She turned on the camera's seeing a portal open up in front of the two.

 A man appeared and the portal closed quickly.

She felt her heart stop when she saw the face of the man.

Barry.

her dad seeing this took off to see him. She couldn't move. It couldn't be him. Could it? That's when she saw Wally and Cisco give Barry a hug. Then her dad appeared giving him a hug.

Why wasn't she moving?

There was a rush a wind, and everyone was back in the cortex. Even him.

She looked at him and their eyes locked.

"We'll give you two the room."

They were alone.

 She slowly got up from the chair. Her eyes never leaving his. He approached her.

"You cut your hair."

"6 months and that's all you have to say." She said slapping his arm.

Before he could process it she pulled him in for a hug. Never wanted to let go. He smelled like home. That's when she finally let he tears fall. Sobbing uncontrollably into his shoulder. He pulled away.

"What's wrong."

"I didn't think I could do it anymore. Hold it in. Live without you. These past months have been the worst. I've been tryin to stay strong, but I cant do it anymore."

"Why were you being strong?"

"I wanted to be strong for you, for Wally, for Dad, for everybody. I couldn't fall apart. Because the second I did, I wouldn't stop. I wanted to honor the promise I made you. I kept living. I never stopped, and I felt like it was drowning me. Like all the hurt and pain that was building up was going to break me. I didn't know how much longer I could go without seeing you. Without holding you. Without hearing your voice."

"Hey, Hey. You don't need to be strong anymore. I'm here now. I'm not going anywhere. Now let me be strong for the both of us. Ok?"

"How do I know that you won't have to leave again?"

"Iris, do you trust me?"

"Always."

"Ok, so trust me when I say that I love you. That I love you with everything in me, and I will never leave you again."

"I love you."

She kissed him. pulling away.

"I love you so much Barry Allen."

She kissed him again. Holding him. Knowing that she would never have to let go ever again.