☽Keeper ★ Spencer Reid☾

Start from the beginning

"Spencer. Spencer Reid. It's nice to meet you." Spencer says, his eyes flickering to Y/N's tongue poking cutely out of his mouth.

"Oooh, BAU Spencer Reid is it?" Y/N questions, setting his book down on the counter, curious what he has to say.

"Uh, yeah, how did you know?" Spencer asks the man in front of him curiously.

"Everyone in town is talking about it, the first serial killer here in years and we called in the big guns, the FBI's BAU. You guys are pretty much everywhere right now." Y/N says to the agent.

"Really?" Spencer questions again as he drinks his coffee.

"Yeah it's normally peaceful in this town this sort of stuff never happens so when it does it's big. I just knew your teams names, not so much faces though." Y/N replies as he continues to watch Spencer, observing him.

"We're pretty close to catching him and making your streets safe once again." Spencer says almost heroically, a goofy smile on his face.

"Well thank you Spencer Reid, but I'm a big boy, I can handle myself." Y/N says with a wink in his direction.

"I-I'm sure you are, I've got to get back I've already been gone too long." Spencer stutters out nervously, grabbing his coffee before waving and heading back to the station.

Y/N decided he couldn't kill Spencer, let alone him being an agent, he's also far too precious to hurt, he's definitely a keeper though. Y/N was having this all new feeling for him altogether, he possibly loves this man? After only just meeting him. This is too crazy. Even for him.

It had been a week since Y/N met Spencer in the coffee shop that night, and little did Spencer know, Y/N had been almost everywhere Spencer was, woefully watching him as he went on about his business.

But little did Y/N know, Spencer couldn't take his mind off that meeting in the coffee shop with that strange yet interesting man.

Spencer has long since stopped hiding the fact that he's also into men, his team not feeling any different about him, only happy he told them all.

Spencer knew he wanted to try to see him again, so he bought a plane ticket using his vacation days in hopes to run into him again.

Y/N was back working at the coffee shop, bored out of his mind in the back room when he hears the familiar ding of the front door opening, so he makes his way to the front to help whoever it is.

Spencer walks into a completely empty coffee shop, thinking maybe they weren't open as he didn't even see a server anywhere until the back doors open revealing the man who makes Spencer's heart skip a beat.

"How may I help you-" Y/N says, his heart skipping a beat, "Spencer Reid."

"Uh, hi, I want a-" Spencer starts, getting cut off.

"Black coffee with lots of sugar?" Y/N finishes for him, remembering his order completely due to the man having an eidetic memory as well as the man in front of him.

"You remembered my order?" Spencer questions the man in front of him.

"I have an eidetic memory too, Doctor Reid." Y/N says with a proud smirk on his face at his reaction, "As well as an IQ of one-hundred-eighty-six."

"That's... fascinating. It's not often I meet anyone who can keep up with me." Spencer says as he hands the man his money for the coffee.

"No need to pay Spencer, coffee's on me. Go have a seat and I'll go get it for you." Y/N says as he tries to hide the huge smile on his face.

"Thank you Y/N, you really don't have to do that though." Spencer says as he sits in the same spot he sat last time, at the counter as nearest to Y/N as he could get.

"It's no problem Spencer, consider it my treat." Y/N says as he finishes putting the sugar in his coffee, handing it to him after.

Spencer smiles and takes a sip of his coffee before an idea pops into his head and he musters up all the courage he could before saying, "Uh, Y/N? Do you want to go on a date with me tomorrow."

Y/N feels his heartbeat pick up as he bites his cheek, "Spencer Reid wants to go on a date with me?" Y/N questions, a sly smile on his lips.

"Uh, um, yes. I like you and it felt like maybe you like me too?" Spencer stutters out, eyeing the man cautiously.

Y/N chuckles and a smile pulls onto his lips, the man walking closer to Spencer before leaning down and confidently whispering into his ear, "I'd love to go on a date with you Spencer. My number is on your cup. Call me."

Spencer looks at his cup and a smile makes it's way onto his face as he just now notices the number written on his cup, "I definitely will call you tonight."

☽ ★ ☾