Harry once told him he was the sun. The brightest person he had ever seen. Always shining a light on others and just being the center to which everyone revolved around. Sometimes, when Harry would feel silly, he'd compare Louis to something sweet. Like honey. Nothing ever bad. Always said such nice things about him. Harry used to love him so fucking much. Now they can't even look at each other.

When the clock strikes one, Louis finally has an excuse to leave his office and put off all his work until another day. It's his lunch hour, and he had planned to visit the empty lot that his future studio will eventually be built on. It's the distraction that he needs leading in to another outing with his ex-boyfriend. Any time he gets the chance to take a step further in to opening his own record label, he feels hope. Excitement. Like all the pain and heartbreak he felt over the last three years have been worth it. Had led him to this point of achieving his goal the right way. Without betrayal and losing who he is.

As Louis steps out his office, he hears the echo of a loud laugh that sends shivers throughout his body. The sound is all too familiar, and he knows who it's coming from before he even has to look. Harry.

Of course he's here. Where Louis works. Right there in front of him, leaning over Gigi's desk and talking to her, happy, all smiles and dimples, laughing so carelessly. It's the first time since he's been home that Louis has seen this side of him. Almost like a glimpse at who Harry used to be. It's a bit refreshing, knowing that the part of Harry that everyone knows is still there, making a brief appearance. Even if it's just for a moment. Louis has to try his best not to smile. Seeing Harry happy has always been one of his favorite things. More so when he's the one who's making him happy.

Knowing that he can't necessarily avoid them since the elevator is past where they are, Louis decides to walk over, a hesitant smile as he approaches the desk. Gigi smiles in return, but Harry gets tense, a bit closed off. He takes a step back, putting more distance between their bodies and places his hands in front, fingers tangling together.

"Hey. What's going on?"

"We just had lunch," Gigi answers brightly. "Harry was getting set up for studio time here. New song, right?"

Harry nods his head, slowly.

Louis lifts an eyebrow, glancing over to Harry for confirmation. "Really?"

"If that's - if that's okay?" Harry's cheeks flush red, and he anxiously nibbles on the inside of his cheek.

"By all means." Louis looks away. "It's not like I own the place."

Gigi rolls his eyes. "You'll own your own soon enough."

Louis winks, and Harry shifts on his feet.

"Are you leaving?" he questions under his breath, like he's scared to be heard.

Gigi glances between the two of them before she's looking at her computer, trying to make herself look busy. Her nails tap loudly against the keyboard, and Louis watches the way she nibbles on the inside of her cheek. He wonders if she feels as awkward as he does right now. Things between him and Harry are still not good, definitely not after the dinner they had last night. Louis honestly did not think Harry would ever speak to him again after the Luke thing.

"Yeah, I'm about to head out." Louis taps his fingers on top of the desk for a couple seconds and then steps away, stuffing his hands into his pocket instead. "I'm checking out the foundation for my studio, actually."

Gigi turns her head towards him. "Has building started already?"

"No. They just cleaned out the lot. Going to take a look and figure out the blue prints."