Chapter V - Irene Norton

"Good morning, dearies!" Mrs Hudson says as she steps into 221B. It is 8 am, and Sherlock is pacing around the flat. He had gotten a text from Mycroft about 5 am, and he had been up since then. Clara had been woken up then, too, when he just abruptly left the bed. Since then, she had been up reading her book.

Mrs H doesn't even do a double-take when she saw Sherlock pacing. Setting the tray of tea she is holding on the side table, she turns to Clara. "What's he on about now?"

Clara looks up from her book to Mrs H. "He got a text from Mycroft. New case."

As if on cue, Sherlock says, "He wants me at Central London tomorrow. A farmer was killed in his car,"

"In Central London?" Mrs Hudson responds. Sherlock only raises his eyebrows in confirmation.

Sherlock stops pacing and glances out the window. Clara and Mrs H watch him. His expression turns from curiosity to confusion and he looks.

"Who is it?" Clara asks him.

"A... client." Sherlock says airily, then resumes the pacing. Clara gets up and goes to the window. Down on the rainy Baker Street, a figure steps out of a black car. Her hair is dark, as is her coat. Clara can't see their face because she is looking from above. She watches as the person makes their way toward 221B confidently. Strange. Most clients hesitate at the door, but this person doesn't even knock as they enter the flat.

Looking away from the window, Clara hears the door open and shut downstairs, then feet start on the steps. High heels, by the sound of it. Not long after, a knock comes at the door. Sherlock stops, and motions for Mrs H to go open it. Mrs Hudson glares at him but does so anyway.

The door opens to reveal a rather tall, pale skinned female in her thirties. Her dark hair is done up and her air is confident and most definitely... sexy.

Clara puts a smile on her face at the new guest. "Hello, I'm Clara," she says, The woman steps in confidently.

"Oh, Clara, now?" the woman turns to Sherlock. "Is this your new pet now? What happened to John?"

Clara's eyebrows quirk a little in confusion, but she does her best not to let it show. "Hello, Irene," Sherlock responds coolly. Irene walks up to Sherlock slowly, until there is hardly any space between them. Clara's stomach does a little dance in defence.

"Long time, no see," Irene practically whispers in Sherlock's ear. Clara feels her eyes narrow. Who was this woman to throw herself all over Sherlock?!

Irene steps away, but only a bit. "Who's this?" she asks Sherlock, glancing at Clara. From across the room, Clara can see Mrs Hudson scowling.

"I could ask the same of you," Clara grumbles in return.

Sherlock takes a step away from Irene and towards Clara, and Clara's stomach calms down a little. "Irene, this is Clara Oswald. My girlfriend," Irene raises her eyebrows at the remark. "Clara, this is Irene Adler, a dominatrix."

"Mrs Norton, now," Irene interjects. Sherlock raises his eyebrows. "I met a man named Godfrey Norton," she says, as if that explains it.

"What do you want, Irene?" Sherlock asks her. Irene flounces her way across the room and takes a seat in Clara's chair. Clara's stomach upsets again.

"I haven't seen you in a while," she says, putting her feet up on the chair. "Thought we could go for dinner. Though, it seems you're busy now. Maybe when you aren't so... occupied." Irene shoots Clara a glance.

Clara fumes. "Oi! Are you flirting with him?" Clara snaps, glaring at the dominatrix.

Irene shrugs passively. "So what if I am?"

Grabbing Sherlock's arm, Clara drags him into the kitchen away from view. Once Sherlock is right next to Clara, she speaks in a low voice. "Sherlock. What does she want?"

"I don't know."

"And how do you know her--a dominatrix--of all people?"

"She was a part of a case a while ago, working for Moriarty. There is nothing between us, though she liked to flirt now and then."

Clara huffed. "Well, I don't like her. She has to go."

Sherlock gives a thin smile. "I'll see what I can do."

~~~~~

Hello dear readers!

Thank you all so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed it. I hope to get the next chappie up sometime soon as well.

Also, feel free to leave a comment--I love hearing what you think!

So, I have a bit of a problem. Mon petit ami totally doesn't ship Oslock. He says Clara and Sherlock would never work out. (that's insane, right?!) So, as I have forced him to read this chapter, vote if you think he's wrong! Better yet, LEAVE A COMMENT about it!! Telling him that Oslock is absolutely the best and he is insane to think otherwise or something like. Thanks! :D

-O

7.9.17

WC: 716