A Different Dimension

Luigi sat on his couch watching the news with cup of noodles in front of him on the coffee table. Luigi was an average guy, brown hair, dark blue eyes that made the mind twirl in imagination. He had his feet perched on the arm of the old couch. It had been 27 years since the "dinosaur outbreak" and it was still on the news, along with the tragedy of the two missing girls.

     "I don't know why they're still complaining about that. Someone caught the T-Rex on camera, so what? It could've been easily edited. They've been playing that ever since I was two." Luigi said, "Mario, these noodles are like a pool of salt, it's gross. Why do we keep on getting them?"

     "Luigi would ya shut up, I'm on the phone." Mario, Luigi's older brother, said. Mario looked much like Luigi, most people mistakes them for twins. Mario's brown hair was so dark it was almost black, but his eyes were the opposite, almost as blue as the summer sky, exceptionally attractive like his younger brother.

     On the TV, the video of the T-Rex played to show people for the hundredth time. Luigi threw his head back in frustration and groaned in the sight of the video.

     "God, people are so stupid." Luigi said to himself, a hand running through his mud-brown hair.

     "Luigi! Shush! Turn that TV down!" Mario yelled, "If you think it's stupid, than don't watch it."

     Luigi grabbed the remote and the TV went black. He slouched down on the uncomfortable couch and looked around his messy apartment. Mario put his iPhone back in his pocket and walked into his bedroom. He grabbed his jacket.

     "Come on Luigi, we're going somewhere." Mario said, "And you're lucky we're eating, we're broke. I don't know why you're complaining, I think they're good."

     "Yes, Mario, everyone can tell." Luigi mumbled.

     "What?" Mario asked.

     "Nothing, nothing." Luigi said as lazily got up from the couch and grabbed his jacket as well, "To the plumbing-mobile!"

      "Luigi, don't make it dumber than it already is." Mario opened the door, "We're plumbers and I know you hate it, but-"

     "No, you're the plumber, I'm your assistant." Luigi corrected.

     Mario followed Luigi into the elevator, "Fine, whatever. You can let yourself think that."

     "I can give you a few reasons why I'm not a plumber." Luigi said.

     They still argued as the doors closed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     "I want you to find her and the meteor fragment. She wears it around her neck." The King said in his tyrannosaurus form, "I've been waiting for too long. It's time to find her. I want you two idiots to bring me the Princess and the fragment."

     He looked down at his two human-looking henchmen. The one wearing black pants and a purple, leopard-print jacket, Spike, said, "Yes, King B-"

     "Wait," said the one with the strange, triangle-shaped sunglasses, Iggy, "where is the Princess?"

     The King showed them his arm-long, gleaming teeth, "I want you to find her because I don't know where she is!" He swayed his huge head in disappointment, "Idiots."

     Iggy and Spike ran out of the dark palace and away from the King, away from his evil glare. Bowser had a lot of henchmen and people working for him, but Spike and Iggy were the only ones that looked human and could blend into the world above.