one°

i nervously played with my new necklace as i stood at the airport, waiting. the weather was nice, almost too nice for my thick blue turtleneck i was wearing. my mother had insisted that i should wear it.

"korea is chilly this time of year!" she had said with tears in her eyes before she hugged me farewell. my father stood proudly behind her, doing a soldiers salute as i walked out of my house.

my beloved parents. i already missed them.

suddenly, my attention was caught by a big black vehicle driving by and stopping a few feet away from me. it was the biggest car i've ever seen, if you could even call it a car. a monster was a more appropriate word for it.

a friendly looking man with grayish hair and thick glasses stepped out of it, followed by a girl in my age. she had honey blonde hair and kind dark brown eyes.

"are you minatozaki sana?" the man asked in half bad japanese with a wide genuine smile as he and the girl approached me. i nodded shyly and he stretched out his had.

"my name is kim byungchul, nice to meet you!" he exclaimed and bowed politely as i shook his hand.

"this is my daughter dahyun." he continued and pointed to the beautiful girl behind him. she waved smiling and i smiled a little at her as well. she caught my gaze and made eye contact, and oh, her eyes were mesmerizing. i wanted to look away, but her eyes held my gaze in a firm grip.

"oh, i'm sorry!" mr kim laughed and clapped his hands together, making me get snatched back to reality and my eyes breaking away to look at him.

"we are the ones you will be living with! us, and my wife and son back home."

i felt my cheeks take on a deep pink color, and i nodded.

"mr kim, i appreciate the effort, but you don't need to speak japanese with me. i've been studying korean for six and a half years." i said with the most respectful tone i could have. as i spoke, both of the kim's eyes had widened.

"well in that case, and wow, that was impressing." he said, and he really sounded truly impressed.

"your korean is almost even better than dahyunie's" mr kim said and the girl gasped with an offended expression. i chuckled softly and pulled a strand of brown hair behind my ear.

this dahyun, she was one of the most beautiful girls i've ver seen. so beautiful that she easily could've been a model. she made me blush, which i found a little uncomfortable, but she seemed very nice so i pushed that thought aside.

"it's very nice to meet you both, i will behave well during my stay with you" i said and bowed. mr kim laughed and patted me on the top of my head.

"no need to be so formal, sana. we will be your family for the next four years." he said and started walking back to the car. i followed him quickly, dragging my rather heavy pink suitcase behind me.

dahyun had stopped to wait for me a few feet from the car.

"i can take that, i'll put it in the tailgate." she said and reached for the handle.

"oh, okay, thank you." i said gratefully and pulled the suitcase towards her for her to take it.

when she placed her hand on it, i hadn't pulled mine away. her warm skin touched my cold and she immediately looked up at me. i pulled away my hand quickly and she smiled.

"your hands are cold, then you must have a heart of gold" she said warmly and started walking towards the car. i couldn't move. my heart was beating so hard, along with my ears. damn my ears, they always got red when i felt flattered.