There were so many people around. There was no way that they would try anything here, would they?

My heart was palpitating in terror. They looked extremely pissed off, and I'm guessing they were here to finish what they started. I clenched my fists and resisted the urge to run. I stayed in place even though every cell of my body was screaming at me to run.

I clenched my teeth and waited. All they had to do was turn a little to the left and they would see us. I inched closer to Seth, practically ramming into him to hide more of myself behind the display.

But luckily for us, they stormed off deeper into the mall without even a glance in our direction. I let out the breath I was holding as a wave relief swept over me.

Seth must've noticed them too because his hand, which had squeezed my shoulder tightly when they first appeared, now relaxed.

"How did they know we were here?" I whispered. My voice was trembling slightly.

"They must've tailed us." HIs eyebrows were knitted together and his mouth was set in a thin line. Serious and brooding was a good look on him. "Don't worry. I won't let them near you again." He said it so assuredly, I almost believed him.

I remembered that he still had his arm around me and I shrugged it off. "What do we do now?"

"We should probably get out of here. Hopefully they don't have anyone waiting outside. Let's go," he said, taking off.

I muttered an apology to the confused looking saleswoman and chased after him.

Seth cautiously stuck his head out of the doorway of Babies R Us and glanced in the direction the men had run off in. "It's clear. You go first, in case they come back this way. I'll watch your back."

I didn't need to be told twice. I darted out and headed straight for the parking lot. I was out of breath as we reached his motorcycle, but Seth was completely unphased. Not one strand of his perfect brown hair was out of place.

I put my hands on my knees to catch my breath.

"Are you serious? We only ran twenty yards."

"Shut....up..." I panted. "My backpack...is...really heavy."

"You should've said something. Hand it over," he said, beckoning me with his fingers.

"No. It's fine," I insisted, but he ignored me and pulled it off my back, slipping his own arms through the loops.

"Jesus Christ, what's in here? Why is it so damn heavy?" He hopped onto his motorcycle and held out his helmet to me. "Put this on."

"What about you?"

"I trust my driving just fine," he responded, firing up the bike. "Hurry, before they come back."

"Isn't it illegal to ride without a helmet?"

"Do you ever stop talking? I'll deal with it if we get caught. Let's go."

Gratefully, I slipped the helmet over my head. It smelled of sweat and his shampoo.

"Are you sniffing it?" Seth said accusingly.

"No!" I lied, glad he couldn't see my cheeks flushing beneath the face guard.

He had to help me as I struggled to climb on. It was harder to hold onto him now that my backpack was between us.

"This isn't going to work. Hold on." He shrugged off the backpack and put it on frontwards so that it rested against his chest. "Hey look, now we're both four months pregnant." He bursted out laughing at his own lame joke.