"I, uh, wanted to..." Kendall paused, glancing around at the rude and curious stares from the students around her. "Can we go somewhere else?" 

"Yeah." Xavier said and grabbed the stuff he needed from his locker before closing it and gently grabbing Kendall's arm. Xavier tugged Kendall away from the busy hallway and the pair slipped into a classroom. This one wasn't locked. It belonged to an English teacher who was extremely laid-back and, well, as an example, if she were in the classroom at this very moment, she would've volunteered to leave and give Kendall and Xavier privacy.

"So," Xavier started, dumbing the books he had in his arms onto a table before leaning against it. "Let's talk."

"Xav, I'm sorry." Kendall said, not as sincere as she had hoped but for her, it was about as sincere as you would get. "About the wedding and Quebec and this whole thing." Kendall paused and sighed, "I miss my best friend."

"I'm sorry as well." Xavier told her. "I didn't do what you had accused me of and it was all a misunderstanding but I was too stubborn to clear it up when I had the chance to."

Kendall's lips started to stretch into a grin, "I mean, your loss. You've missed out on a bunch."

"Not my problem, I'm not leaving until you catch me up."

Kendall glanced at her watch and let out a soft chuckle, "I'll try sum it up best I can in ten minutes."

Xavier let out a snicker, "Yeah, let's see you try."

"Hey!" Kendall whacked Xavier's leg as she leant against the table next to his. "Also, I need your help with a Wesley dilemma."

Xavier furrowed his brows ever so slightly that Kendall almost didn't notice and opened his mouth to say something when Kendall cut him off, "I'm not scheming, I'm just a little...lost, I guess you could say."

Kendall mumbled the last part begrudgingly.

"Hm, what was that?" Xavier asked, the cheeky grin plastered on his face.

Kendall narrowed her eyes and pursed her lips in mock annoyance, "I said, I might be a little lost."

Xavier laughed loudly, "Fear not, K, I'll know what to do."

In the end, Xavier did know what to do. Not that Kendall had any doubts in her mind.

Wesley had avoided her the whole day. Of course he did. He was the one she wanted to confront. Just her luck, right?

The day after Kendall made up with Xavier was a day in which she shared French with Wesley.

At first, Kendall wanted to speak with Wesley in the morning before the start of the schooling day and was touching up her red-painted lips using her locker mirror when Wesley rushed by, not sparing her so much as a lazy glance. So that plan was a bust.

So then Kendall had planned on intercepting him on the way to class but the damn boy practically ran there. Kendall's patience was wearing thin. But not thin enough for her to give up.

She let out an annoyed huff as she reached the classroom. She hadn't de-ranked someone in a while. In fact, she had been acting nothing like her usual self since the arrival of Wesley Archer. It seemed the more she became lenient, the more people started not to care about the social hierarchy of Ridgeman Prep. Kendall wasn't sure how she felt about that.