Cave

After I ate we decided to leave our comfortable place in the grassy valley and go explore the black mountains.

I walked with him and the sun was radiating against the valley as we walked through the grass. Up ahead I could see huge wild griffins. Their wings glowing gold to the sun up above and their slick black tails swishing through the air. I have never saw such a strange creature in my life. "I have never seen a black griffin before." Whispered Josh looking up into the air. "Well I have never seen a actual griffin before." I said still looking in awe at the sky.

"Never left the forest I guess?" Asked Josh, his golden eyes looking into mines. I just nodded. "Well good." He mumbled but I still caught his words. "What is out there?" I whispered toward him. He looked down at the glowing grass. "I wish I could just tell you the beauty of it. But beautiful places like this...are turning into blood and ashes. Beautiful creatures like griffins are being enslaved and being used as weapons. It used to be so beautiful...I just wish that I had the time to see that beauty before war and death had been let out into the lands of Ratellia. This is just the few last places that haven't been touched yet by war."

"War." I whispered. I wondered what war was like. Mother had only told me about the war that had come between werewolf pack against werewolf pack, but never had I known there was more to that word. "What do you mean by...war?" He then sighed. "War, all tribes of Ratellia had experienced it. If a tribe hasn't then it wouldn't even be called a tribe. I'll tell you In just my experience because you wouldn't even imagine it if you haven't seen it."

"It was the reason why I ran away. Demons...for some reason came to my village, nobody had done anything to cause it, or for the least I've known. They came with weapons, advanced weapons I've had never seen in my life. They were killing everyone in my village, they came into my house and killed my family, they gave me these scratches and I had barely the strength to get away from them...but I did. I don't think nobody even escaped, but me." Suddenly tears rolled down his eyes. I then stopped walking with him across the valley and hugged him. "Josh, my mother had died too, against one of them but I can't imagine..."

We then sat there on the grass for a moment. I could feel his body shivering to the loss of everyone he knew and love. "We'll stay here, together." I whispered. deep within the mountains I could hear a roar of a griffin.

***

After a few hours we got back up together and started walking again across the mountains. We then came across a huge cave inside one of the mountains and walked inside. The cave was dark and echoes rang across the walls. "Why are we going in here?" His eyes looked out into the deep cave and started to glow then he looked back at mines. "Something amazing." He said. His eyes lighting up in excitement.

After a few minutes of walking across the dark cave I could then see a huge room with a pool of water. At the top of the room I could see the suns rays fall into the pool. I could also see little glowing blue fish swimming around the huge pool. "Really why do you always have to bring me to swimming places?" I asked. "Well it's better than a muddy lake." Said josh.

He lifted me into the air and threw me into the pool. My scream echoed through the cave as I fell into the glowing water. He then dived after me and we swam back into the surface of the water. I then splashed him with the freezing water and he splashed me back. We swam around the pool together until the moons light shined into the glowing pool.

We were once again back on the rocky cave floor. We were holding each other. Watching the fish swim around the pool, making it glow a deep blue. "Thanks, josh. For taking me here." I then reached towards his cheek and kissed it. His eyes lit up a bright gold. thirty minutes later I fell asleep on his shoulder and he slowly picked me up and carried me back to the valley where we rested.