My Immortal Imprint - Chapter |3|

En başından başla

Walking up to them, I pulled Seth into a hug. "Hey, Sethie!" He smiled back while hugging me back.

"Hey, Vera. What's up, girlie?" He said back to me. I always looked at Seth as a little brother. I felt so protective over him since the first day I met him.

It took awhile for me to think about what he had asked. What is up? Well, there's the sky, heaven, God, angels, stars, the clouds, some more planets, air, gravity, etc. But, what really is up? I think I'm over-thinking this.

"Nothing much." I replied then turn to Leah, whom was glaring at me. "Okay, Leah. Are you going to hate my family and I for being what we are? We can't change that and I know some of us want to but there is no way we can. Not every vampire wants to be one. Its not like most of us had a choice, okay? It was either this or death. Even though, I'd rather choose death, I wasn't given much of a choice. I know its frown upon. We can't change the past but we can change the future and I was hoping, just maybe you could ease up on us. This is not a lifestyle many of us would've chosen but then again we had no choice."

"I would give you a hug but Jacob told me it'll feel uncomfortable against our skin. Plus, I'm not a hugger. But," She stiffened before sighing. "I'm sorry, Vera. You and your family have been so kind to us and I just...I don't know, I just took advantage of that."

I smiled, brightly at her. "Well, now that the situation have been cleared up...how about we head inside?"

Her face twitched a bit as if she wanted to smile but then again she wasn't used to it.

"I'm sure Esme has made lunch."

Seth immediately agreed. "I'm always down for some food." He turned and looked at Leah. "Come on, Leah. It's not like we have anything better to do."

She looked as if she was contemplating before she shook her head. "I'm okay. I'm-uh- still not comfortable with all of your kind being around."

I nodded my head. I completely understand her. "I'll have Emmett send you out some fo-"

"No, send Seth or Jacob, please."

"Will do." I turned to Seth. "Come on." I said before walking away and I could feel Seth's heat following right behind me.

We made our way to the open door and walked inside the house. The house was crowded. Everywhere you turn was a vampire bit it didn't bother me much and I could tell that it wasn't bothering Seth either.

I led him to the kitchen which was occupied by Carlisle, Esme, Emijean, and Lewis. Esme smiled as she handed Seth three brown paper bags, which I assumed had food in it. I took one bag. "I'll give this to Jacob. You go give Leah her food." He nodded his head and left out. I turned back to all four of my parents and smiled. It's been so long since these four been together and I loved the fact that they got along so well. "I see you all are still getting along. Catching up on the past fifty years?"

"We were, actually." Esme answered. "We were just explaining to them the little joke behind the graduation caps."

I began to chuckle. "Did you tell them how depressing it is? Or, did you leave that part out?"

Carlisle shook his head. "We left it out." His calm look was my favorite. He could look at someone and in an instant they are calm. "We heard you had a run in with Paul."

Folding my lips together, I lowered my head. My body started to have this unknown heat firing inside me. Paul's face clouded my mind. Shaking my head, I glared at the floor. I'm not supposed to be thinking about him. He's really the enemy. Suddenly, I had a thought. Edward can read minds. I bet he can hear mine right now. This was embarrassing. I looked up at Carlisle. "Not a topic I'd like to have." He nodded his head in understanding. "Well, you four continue your conversation. I'm going to head upstairs. I'm sure a hungry werewolf is waiting on their food." I tried to joke to lighten the mood up.