Four

"Alessandra you better not be playing with me," Jahseh said to me. I shook my head at him and tears welled up in my eyes.

"Shit." Jahseh muttered under his breath. "Well can we abort it?"

I felt an intense anger rise up in my chest at his words. I glared at him.

"Fuck you," I said, standing up.

"Wait no, Alessandra. It's just an option." He said. I was full blown crying right now.

"That is not an option for me, Jahseh." I told him.

"Okay, okay. Not an option." Jahseh said. After a few minutes of silence he looked at me and said, "what are we gonna do?"

"We?" I said surprised.

"Yeah we, it's my kid too." Jahseh snapped.

"I just figured..."

"That because I'm a rapper and only 19 I wouldn't want to be in the kids life? Nah, that ain't me."

I sat silently still.

"So what are we gonna do?" He repeated.

"Have a baby I guess." I answered.

"Have a baby I guess is it then." Jahseh said. "How far along are you?"

"I don't know yet. I just found out today. I have to make an appointment." I told him.

"I'll make the call and see if I can get one for tomorrow here." He said. I nodded. "Why don't you spend the night with me Alessandra?"

"Okay," I said. Butterflies filled my stomach. Jahseh left the room and came back in a few minutes later.

"Appointment is set for the day after tomorrow." Jahseh told me. He crawled into the bed and pulled me down close to him.

"It's gonna be alright girl. We'll figure this shit out." Jahseh said, rubbing my hair. The tears began to fall again as I drifted off to sleep.

-•-

"Girl, where are you?" Cassie said over the phone the next morning.

"I'm with Jahseh. Where are you?"

"With Ski." Cassie told me. "Did you tell him yet?"

"Yeah,"

"How'd he take it?"

"Okay I guess. We got an appointment set up for tomorrow." I informed her.

"Good luck with that." Cassie said. I could hear Ski in the back saying something to Cassie and I heard her giggle. "Girl, I gotta go. This boy is driving me crazy."

"Gross."

"Girl don't be actin like you and Jahseh aren't fuckin all the time."

"Bye." I said laughing. I clicked off the phone. Jahseh came out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist. I sat and stared, admiring his body.

"You want some of this?" He smirked.

"You know I do. Get over here boy," I smiled at him.