RR -- V.

V.

Continuation of Flashback 8 years ago...

I reviewed my plan in my head several times. I'll knock on his door, tell him I'll have to do what he wants, and by the time he gets occupied, I'll knock him out with everything that I can find. That'll do. I just needed to make him see that I'm not someone he can mess with. Family or not.

Determined, I couldn't see vulnerability in my plan.

A clap of thunder boomed as I reached the guest house across the lawn where he chose to stay since summer. That was good because it only meant we only get to see him once in a while.

I knocked furiously on his door. I heard him curse before he opened it. "What the f.ck?" He answered. "What are you doing here, Flynn?" As usual, his face couldn't be painted because of his eyebrows forming a knot.

"About the thing I owed you..." I said. The lightning flashed somewhere, illuminating everything around us for a brief moment. I clearly saw his frown turned into a smirk, but not after a jiffy moment of being surprised at what I just said.

"So, you're going to do it?" He asked, almost breaking into a grin. "My...my...not that low, huh?" He mocked which made my hand curl into a fist, ready to make it land on his French face...beautiful French face. Ugh.

"So, are you just gonna stand there or are you gonna let me in and get it over with?" I asked impatiently before I could change my mind.

All of a sudden, he fell into a laughter. I watched him run out of breath from laughing. "I'm sorry, Flynn, but I...am not that low," he said, his laugh abruptly stopping with no more humor in his face.

F.ck. I knew it! He only insinuated that so he could mock me like this.

I frowned in fury, not expecting this turnout. Realizing he was just joking about the consequence, I bolted from my position to give him a punch. He didn't see that coming, of course.

He staggered back a bit, his hand on his face, analyzing what just happened. He stared at me shock at what I just did. We looked at each other and I watched as his face gradually turned sour.

Okay, this didn't turn out exactly what I had planned.

Realizing what had just transpired, I turned to run back to the house just as the heavy droplets of rain started to pour. "Flynn!" He yelled after me accompanied by the loud thunderclap that my heart thudded along with it. In a moment, he was running after me and before I knew it, he was dragging me back to the guest house.

"Let me go!" I exclaimed as I struggled to breakfree of his stronghold.

We were both drenched by the time we got inside. He pushed me towards the kitchen counter, his jaw set as he warned me not to go anywhere.

Oh no, why did I have to be here? He's not gonna beat me up like he did to Drake, right? I can maybe throw a punch or kick some balls but I'm not exactly a brawler. I shuddered mentally at the image of us fighting physically.

I stayed rooted in my place, shivering from the cold rain. I looked around for possible exit, measuring how much time I needed to run back to the door before he gets back. As my mind formulated how to get away, a towel landed on my head rather harshly.

"That was a good jab, Flynn," he said.

Now, it's my turn to frown. Did he just praise me over how I hit him? Did I hit his brain and not his freakin' cheekbone? I thought I had fractured my bones!