RR -- IV.

IV.

Continuation of the Flashback...

"Where's my car?" I asked JP when I found him in the kitchen, making breakfast the next morning.

"Where d'you think it'll end up after you smashed it on a tree?" He asked sarcastically.

"You brought it to the repair shop?" I asked to confirm. I was expecting he'd drop it somewhere or what. What happened last night when the police arrived, anyway? Wait, why did I even ask that? Based on their past, I am just gonna assume that they were questioned about what happened, brought to the station for some documentations and then AJ bailed them out.

He frowned at me like I was the dumbest person he ever met. "No, I brought it to a goddamn car wash."

"Huh, funny," I said. "So, what am I supposed to ride to school?"

"Take a pick at the garage, I'm sure you'll have a hard time choosing," he said, starting to shove cereals in his mouth. Why is he having cereals for breakfast? Couldn't he ask the housemaids to prepare him something proper to eat? We had waffles and eggs prepared by the cook a while ago. This is what he gets for not joining breakfast.

Wait, why do I care? Why am I even thinking about his breakfast?

"I can't take Dad's cars just like that. He'd ask what happened last night," I said.

"P.ssy," he mumbled loud enough for me to hear.

"What the f.ck did you say?" I asked.

"Language, Savannah," said Mom who just in time walked inside the kitchen. I saw JP smirking. The nerve. "What's going on?"

"I left my car at the party last night--"

"You went to a party on a school night?" Asked Mom.

"It was a Senior Party whatever...I didn't drink much," I said as the string of lies continued.

"Really, Sav? I thought you were more responsible than this," she said clearly disappointed.

I sighed. "Fine, I'm sorry."

Mom looked at me for some time, wondering maybe what has become of me. When she couldn't read me anymore, she sighed and looked at her stepson. "JP, could you please give her a ride to school?" I looked at Mom with a creased forehead.

"Sure, Em," said JP. "She and I still have something to talk about," he said, looking at me meaningfully.

"That'd be great. Thanks JP," said Mom. She always have the softest spot on JP. I don't know why. "Waffles?" Asked Mom.

JP thanked her.

I finally recovered from being slightly shocked. "Actually, I think I can manage to go to school. I'd just call Zac--"

"Savannah," warned Mom, then she went to get the waffles for JP. He's pampered way too much.

So, amidst my protest, I found myself in JP's car on our way to school. It was convertible and he had the roof tucked at the back. And surprise, this would be my first time riding in his car. We've never really developed that sibling-kind of relationship. We tend to just avoid each other. We don't like each other much, if that ain't obvious yet.

"So about what you owe me..." He started.

My head snapped in his direction. "What?" I owed him now?