Chapter 11

Hey guys :) I know the story has a bit of a slow start but trust me it'll start to pick up.

-Sophia💕
-----

Abrielle's POV

I woke up to find that the sun is blocked by a shadow. Taking my earbuds and sunglasses off, I squinted at the figure standing in front of me.

It was Shawn.

"Uh, hi remember me?" He asked shyly. "From Wonder World?" He gestured behind him, indicating the amusement park. I slowly get up.

"Have you been stalking me?" I asked in surprise. I was creeped out and flattered at the same time. He ran his hand through his hair.

"S-sorry. I just saw you suntanning and I was wondering if you were doing anything this afternoon." I glanced at my phone. It was a little past 1:00.

I sighed. Oh, what the heck. I'm bored as hell, anyways.

"Ok, Shawn. Lead the way." He helped me up and I gathered my stuff to put with my bag. We walk on the beach, the hot sun's rays pounding at our backs.

"D-do you have a boyfriend?" He stammered. I raised my eyebrows. "Yeah.... Why?" I stared at him. He averted my gaze. "Just wondering, that's all."

"But I don't really like my boyfriend," I continued.

"And why is that?" Shawn questioned. I stared at him in surprise. He didn't really seem like the listening type. I decided to roll with it.

"Well, he smokes and drinks. Mostly because last year his older sister Hillary died in a car crash." Shawn nodded his head slowly.

"Hmmm.... Does he do anything else to upset you?" His bright hazel eyes were serious.

I took a deep breath. "Yeah.... Sometimes, he has these..... Outbursts. And they can be really scary." I finished in a small voice.

Shawn took my hand and squeezed it, a gesture as simple and friendly as a relative or a friend would do. I looked up at him. Was Shawn my friend? I mean, we had only just met.

"So, find any friends so far?" I asked, changing the subject. Shawn nodded. "Yeah. You, and this other guy who I guess is pretty cool. His name is like, Nash or something."

I stifled a gasp. "Nash? Nash Grier?"

Shawn rubbed the back of his head. "Yeah.... Nash Grier. Why, do you know him?"

"More like the whole country. He does vine videos."

"Hmmm. He did mention that." We stopped walking.

"Where's your condo?" I asked. Shawn pointed a little ways down the beach, where a bunch of little houses and condos sat. "Over there. We could hang out there if you want. It's air conditioned," Shawn grinned. I gave a fake little laugh.

"Wow, that's tempting but I must admit I've got to get back to my house and feed my little brother lunch."

"Haha that's cool, how old is your little brother? I've got a younger sister. She's ten."

I grinned. "Cool! So is Emmett. What's your little sister's name?"

"Aaliyah. She's annoying but ok, I guess." Shawn shrugged. I smiled. "Maybe they should hang out sometimes."

"Like a double date?" Shawn joked. I laughed. "Yeah, like that."

"Well, I guess I'll see you some other time. Thanks for walking with me Shawn." I waved and turned to walk away.