Chapter 24

Jasmine's POV

"What?" I asked like nothing had happened.

"Exactly, WHAT were you doing?" Max asked.

"Nothing, that bitc... I mean that blonde was trying to bully me. I wasn't going to take her shit!" I explained.

"Amanda... right?" this was Jace.

"Do you guys know her?" I asked.

"Nahh... but I think I'm going to." Jacob said.

"What does that even mean? Jace? Jake?" I asked but by then Jace and Jacob had already left. Max walked me to my next class. I hope for the blonde's sake that she knew who I was. 

I was about to tell Tyler about the fight when he said "Save it, I already know. Nicely done thought... I must say, I'm impressed!"

"What? Does everyone here have access to some CCTV cameras I'm unaware of?" 

"Hahaha... nah, I just heard it from a friend right before class." he explained. English class was bearable because of Tyler. Throughout the class he kept on making the funniest comments. Finally, it was lunch! 

"I need to go to the bathroom. I'll see you in a bit." Tyler said and left. I made my way to the cafe and picked an empty table to sit. 

"Is this spot taken?" an unfamiliar voice asked. I looked up to find a really hot guy staring at me.

"Umm... no, go ahead." I said. 

"Hi, I'm Ricky." He said extending his hand.

"Hi, I'm...." I was saying while extending my hand when Jace cut me off "Jasmine. Her name is Jasmine Smith."  he grabbed Ricky's hand and gave it a tight squeeze. 

"Jace!" I whispered in anger. 

"What? You didn't think we'd leave you alone during lunch... did you now sis?" Jacob said. I was starting to get angry now. There was a really good looking guy in front of me and they were ruining it.

"Oh... she's your sister? ... umm... My friend's calling... I got to go." and just like that he was gone. I got up to leave too but Jace pulled me down.

"We were just joking around, plus that guy's no good anyways. He changes chicks faster than he changes clothes." Chris spoke.

"As oppose to...?" I asked looking at him.

"What? One night stands are different. You're not committed or anything." Jace was saying.

"WOW, did I just step into the conversation at the wrong time?" it was Tyler, to my relief. 

I was having pudding when a girl walked upto Jacob. It was payback time. I waited till she leaned in and that's when I jumped. I hugged Jacob and kissed him on the cheek saying, "You're the best older brother ever! Ohh... who is this? I can see that we're going to be just like sisters!" I said bringing out the most annoying voice in me. This stopped the girl and the expressions on her face changed too. She had an awkward smile on her face and than pretended to check her phone. "Ohh, my girls are waiting for me in the gym for cheer-practice. I guess I better go." and she left.

"Did Jazz just..." Jacob was in the state of a shock.

"cockblock you... yeah." Max said with a grin. He seemed to be amused by this. All the guys were on the verge of laughing but no one did.

"What? You think you're the only one good at the game?" I said in a cocky tone and that made Jacob's expression change from funny to priceless. Max, Chris and Tyler started laughing. 

"You got served brother!" Jace said with a smirk on his face.

"Oh what are YOU so happy about? You're up next." I said with evil smile on my face.

We just chatted away the rest of the lunch. After school, I was just grabbing my stuff from the locker when the blonde approached me. Damn, I really didn't want this right now. I needed to go home so I can go tutoring on time. 

"Hey Jasmine. Listen, I'm not here to cause any trouble. I just wanted to apologize for today. I was having a bad day." she said to my surprise. It was the first day of school, how was she having a bad day? I smelled Jacob and Jace all over this one. 

"It's ok." I said and left. The next couple of weeks were just the usual. I didn't even notice that we barely got to see Carter and Kathy now. Every time we asked, they'd say they were either busy with school or work.

After midterms, one Monday evening, I got home from tutoring early. Since it was Monday, it was Max's day off, I figured he'd be home. When I didn't see him in the living room, I went up to his room to see if he was there. His door wasn't locked so I knocked and entered the room without waiting for a response. 

"HOLY SHIT... I'm soo sorry!" I said turning around and exiting the room. I still couldn't believe what I had just seen. This was going to haunt me for the rest of my life!