"Where's Dexter?" A man said walking into the house along with some other people who I'm guessing are the people Val called

"She's in the bathroom. Second door to your right." I said

They took Brianna and Nick with them. Val stayed with us and the next day we headed back home.

My mind was flooded with the different possibilities of what could be going on. Is Brianna and he the baby okay? Will Val and Nick blame themselves?

"If you want, you can come to the hospital with me. I'm going to see about the baby. They flew them from the hospital in Nevada to one here."

"No im fine. I just want to be home for a bit." I said

She stood there for a second and then walked over to where I was sitting on our bed.

"Sweetheart I'm so sorry. It's all over now and this is the end of all the bad things that's been happening. I'm sorry I haven't been able to hold you and tell you that since I've been back because of everything that's been going on. I told you I was coming back to you and I meant it. Nothing can stop me from coming back to you guys. I know you were worried and so was Brianna but things are fine now." I knew she's been waiting to say that for awhile. This was her long version of saying 'I love you'. The thing is that I wasn't mad or sad about any of it. I just accepted it and I was just worried about the baby at this point.

"I love you too Val. Now go to the hospital and come back with good news." I kissed her and pushed her out of the door

(Val's POV)

I went to the hospital to find Nick sitting in the the waiting room with his hands covering his face. I can tell he was crying.

"Hey man is everything okay?" I asked. He looked at me with disgust and walked away from me. I was confused and I walked behind him. "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong? Did you just ask me what's wrong? I almost lost my wife and daughter and you're asking me what's wrong?"

"I know that. I just want to know why you're acting like that towards me. I'm trying to comfort you and you walked away."

"Because all of this is your fault. I got wrapped up in your bullshit of a life and it stressed Brianna out! She was supposed to be on bedrest until the baby was ready but I had to move her to another fucking state and put her through all of this! This is all your fault and you're lucky that they both survived because I would have killed you!"

Part of me wanted to ask him who the fuck he was talking to and punch him in the face but the rest of me knew he was right. Brianna was under a lot of stress because I asked Nick to help me. Something he didn't have to do and in return he damn near lost his family. Without saying anything I just walked out of the hospital. What else could I have said? I'm sorry? Sorry wouldn't work. Imagine if he did lose one or both of them.

When I walked in the house Chloe was still trying to get everything put back in place and everyone situated again.

"Hey baby, how was it? Are they okay?" She asked. I knew I should have at least said something but I didn't have the energy to. I felt sick and I didn't want to talk to anyone. However, my fiancé's name is Chloe so that means she wasn't going to leave it alone. I knew she was following me up stairs so I waited until I got into the room to say something.