"None at all." By now I was speaking in monotone because otherwise I would have broken down in tears.

"I'm so sorry," he whispered, again looking at the Prince's bite mark. "Who did that?" I knew he was referring to the mark.

Before I had time to answer, the king's office door opened and everybody stormed out and rushed away, Leo walked off with them and I waited at least for the Prince to glance back but obviously I might as well not have been there.

Fear overcame me as I realized once again that if the war should get out of hand I would have no one to protect me. Part of me wanted to go down into the dungeons and lock myself into a cell. Hopefully none of Valiria's people would be looking for a human in there.

Athena, Ivy and Flora came rushing down the stairs that were across from me. All of them sent fleeting glances towards me before scurrying in the same directions the others had gone.

Gone were the long Victorian goth dresses and replaced by adequate tight pants, boots and other protection gear. In fact I had only seen them in dresses the first time. Maybe they had only dressed to impress for the first time.

Aimlessly I wandered around looking at everything I came across with. Nobody was there to tell me when to hide or when to run, what was I to do.

Suddenly I came across a set of aluminum doors that looked compellingly like kitchen doors. I hesitated at first but then decided to take a peek.

My assumptions were right, it was a kitchen but a massive one at that. To my surprise it was deserted  but then again it was not surprise because a war was coming, they where either fighting or hiding.

Quietly I stepped into the kitchen and looked around, maybe if I was lucky I would find something to eat. Nobody cared if I got three meals a day or one in three days.

I was determined to find something now. I went to the first tall refrigerator but once I opened it I wish I hadn't it was full of trays and more trays of bagged blood.

I shuddered and went to the next one but the same fate awaited and I slammed the door shut.

Moving on, I was looking for something that would store human food when I came across what I was looking for; it was a large walk in refrigerator and I budged the heavy door open.

Beautiful things met my eyes such as fresh fruit, prepared but stored away food and lots more.

My fingers went out to grab a handful of juicy looking grapes and I relished at the cold and sweet taste on my tongue. This place was a hungry persons personal heaven. I came across a container of leftover bacon and stuffed a stripe into my mouth even though it was cold it was still delicious. 

I took with me more grapes and bacon and went out because it had become cold in there. It might be a odd combination to eat but I didn't care and sat down on the table in one of the high chairs.

While chewing my mind drifted back to what Sir Castor had said; my parents thought I had moved away. What must the whole school think about me and Layla, how was she coping with knowing the truth but having to lie about it.

Partly I wished they would make me forget as well, that I had a family and friends somewhere. It would be easier somehow but that also meant I was giving up. Giving up on hoping of ever meeting my family again.

But how could I? What was I to say? I would never be allowed to speak of vampires or witches. How would I explain my absence?

The food I had taken was gone quickly and I was hungry for more yet. I made my way back into the refrigerator; this time I came across the same kind chocolate cake I had never eaten, there was a box filled with it.