1000 Oceans

(Prologue)

My first story! Sorry if it's bad... Anyways, I've decided to put song quotes at the beginning of each of my chapters. Don't ask why :3

----

The way the music controls you,                                                                                                                                        And the touch of your hand.                                                                                                                                              Mesmerized by your eyes and the way you move.                                                                                                 (Hypnotized-Simon Curtis)

--------------------------------

Where the hell are we? 

The sound of my inner voice caused pain to erupt in my mind. Ignoring my stinging legs, I rose from the ground, trying to answer my question. But all I could see was white and blue. I was lost in thought for quite some time, until a soft groan came from behind me. It pulled me from my little dreamland and I turned, only to see the figure of a male slowly standing up behind me. I ran to him using what little strength I had, only to collapse before him. He kneeled down and my blue eyes immediately made contact with dark brown ones.

"Jerad...?" I whispered, causing a faint smile to spread accross his face.

"Yes, it's me. Are you alright?" Worry flashed in his eyes and I slowly sat up and nodded. Not being able to tolerate my annoying inner voice anymore, I asked him the question I needed to hear the answer to.

"You don't remember?" He smiled teasingly. "We were in the forest, in your favorite clearing. It was around midnight and everything was still and silent... I thought it was the perfect moment, so I leaned in to kiss you for the very first time, but then a flash of white light appeared and... Well, now we're here." I was about to speak when suddenly something made my whole body tremble.

"Welcome, the both of you. I have brought you here in order to discuss your destinies." The booming female voice made me want to cover my ears, however I found that I could not.

"This trial set before you shall be the first of many. Travel this world you are in and find me. I will be waiting. All of your questions shall be answered then. But until then, good luck." The voice disappeared and I found myself able to move again. I looked up at Jerad with a confused expression, seeing that his face only mirrored mine. 

"I don't know about you, but... We really need to find out what's happening. Maybe we should start walking." Jerad's face still seemed confused. I nodded and tried to get up but to no avail. Jerad giggled at my weak composure and decided to pick me up bridal style. 

"Need a lift?" He chuckled. I didn't argue, but instead, rested my head on his chest as he started walking into the endless sea of white.