Chapter 1

"Nic come on we have to go!" I yelled out upstairs, waiting impatiently as we had to get to school on time.

"Shut up I'm coming." I heard the patter of her feet as she walked down the stairs.  I handed her the lunch I had prepared and allowed her to pass through me as I gave a light tug to her hair from behind.

"Ow! What the fuck was that for?" She exclaimed holding the back of her head.

"For telling me to shut up," I explained locking the door to the house behind me. "And stop cursing dipshit," I said as I opened the backseat of the car and threw my backpack in. I slipped into the front seat of the car and started the engine before pulling out of the driveway. "Am I picking up anyone today?" I asked looking at her expectantly. She nodded.

"I told you Ashley asked for a ride," She said and I hummed in response as I came late from working at the palace and forgot she had asked. Ever since my parents left, the King and Queen gave me a job in order to repay for what my parents had taken. I thought that was ridiculous because most of the jewelry was returned. But unbeknownst to me that did not pay their bills on time either and we would've been exiled as our parents had dug us into a deep hole of debt. 

To say palace work was grueling would be an understatement. Most of the time I would scrub the floor with a toothbrush because my superior was a raging bitch. Or I would clean all the bathrooms and bedrooms in the palace I was not able to leave unless it was done and although it may seem like an easy take the palace had 23 full bathrooms. I had kept the mistreatment of what went on in the Palace a secret from Nic. I never wanted her to ever worry about me.

I pulled up to Ashley's house and honked the horn. She came dashing out papers in her hand donning a wide grin on her face. She jumped in the back of the car before thrusting the papers in front of me and Nic's face.

"Good morning Ashley. Yeah, no problem for the ride it wasn't any trouble at all," I said sarcastically grabbing the papers from her.  I pulled away from the curb and heard a squeal that came from Ashley and Nic.

"No way! No motherfucking way!" Nicola exclaimed looking at Ashley in disbelief.

"What?" I questioned as the car stopped at a red light.

"They've finally chosen the new king to be crowned!" Ashley yelled and my ears peaked in interest. I have heard rumors of who might be crowned through the pipeline at the Palace but nothing was ever concrete. 

 "It's Alpha Travis and it says his entire pack is going to be at school here today. They moved in last night. I knew I heard an obnoxious amount of cars last night." Ashley squealed. Every time a king was crowned, the kings new pack would move into the pack houses near the palace.  Those who lived in the pack houses were moved closer to town as the King's pack had priority over the pack houses.  She let out another ear piercing squeal.

 "Maybe you could find your mate too!" She exclaimed directing her exclamation at me and I chuckled as I pulled into the school parking lot. As I got out the car the air around me was filled with new scents as those who lived in the pack house had probably moved to the other school downtown. It was slightly upsetting as some of my friends had left too. 

Ashley and Nic took off in a sprint into the school. I grabbed my bag from the back of my car and slammed it shut. I lugged it onto my shoulder as I caught the scent of Janice and hurried towards her car.

"Hey bitch." she said turning around linking her arms with mine. "Last year, lets do it right," she said pulling me toward the god awful school. We caught up with a couple of our friends from last year who hadn't moved but almost everyone we knew was gone. "What do you have first?" She asked looking at me and I had economics first period which I dread and I regret ever taking that class.

"Eco what about you?" I asked walking towards my classroom.

"Study hall," She said smirking. I shot her the middle finger as she let out a loud laugh as she walked towards her class. I looked around at all the new faces smiling and waving. I turned into my eco class ready for this day to be over before it even began.

By the time lunch came around I was mentally drained. I had wondered why I took so many AP's this year when going to college was a slim chance for me. I looked around for Janice and saw that she was surround by a bunch a new comers from Alpha Travis' pack. I walked towards her as she caught my eye and smiled at me. I slid in next to her.

"Guys this is my best friend, Allison, but she just goes by Ally," She explained and I nudged her side and smiled. "This is Tricia," she explained pointed towards a tall girl will her messy ginger hair pulled up into a bun and I shot her a smile to which she returned "This is Rachel," she explained pointing to a short thick girl who was pale and had dark brown hair. "And this is Aiden and May." She said point to two people who looked exactly alike if they were the same gender. The were both tan with light brown hair. 

"Hi guys," I said smiling and the conversation quickly shifted to the coronation ball and what they would be wearing.  I tensed slightly as I realized I would be going as a waitress and not as a guest like they were. I held a tight smile on my face, the feeling of being left out wrapped around me like a blanket. 

  The sound of the blaring bell rang out and I left the cafeteria before any of them could ask where I was going. I walked into my forensic science class and sat in the last desk to the back. I was grabbing my notebook out of my backpack when I heard the chair next to me scrape as someone sat down next to me. He had a aura of authority and I smiled.

"Hi I'm Michael," He said extending his hand towards me and I shook it.

"Allison," I said. Michael was very handsome. He had medium length hair that was styled in a quiff. He had the brightest blue eyes I had ever seen. He had a boxy head shape and a nice lip shape. Who ever his mate was, was very lucky.

----------------------------------

Hey guys. Hoped you enjoyed this part. The next one will be better I promise and I am really excited to upload this story.  Allison is 18 and Nicola is 15. Allison is a senior and Nicola is a sophomore.  Hope this clears everything up. 

With Love

Nicki