Forty Six- Don't Fight A Girl On Her Cheeseburgers

A/n- later on in the chapter there's some derogatory language and some pretty mean name calling. I don't think there's anything in need of a warning but just a heads up

>>><<<

As the interview came to an end, my band and I sat together and just hugged for a while. We knew during the next six or so months we were going to spend most of our time apart, except for the few award shows we'd attend if we were nominated, we'd already discussed what we each wanted to do on our breaks. Connor was going to go take his girlfriend away on a romantic trip for at least a couple of months, as well as spending time with his family. Ashley was going to go help out at her family's restaurant, just lay low for a while. Riley, well he didn't exactly tell us who he was going to see, but we knew that it was a girl. He had that cheeky smile and he was anxiously waiting on texts, but would hide his phone anytime he did receive a message. Normally that would be suspicious behaviour, but he slipped up and said that he would be "seeing someone special" and that's all we needed to know.

I, on the other hand, had decided that I would follow through with my promise to take Jackson on a holiday for a week, it was just going to be postponed a little bit. I also had to deal with Ashton. I'd been told by management that I'd have to continue 'dating' him until at least a month after our last single will be released. But it'll be easier on me because I won't have to do lots of publicity stunts with it as it'll lead to our break up. I wasn't too bothered about it, Ashton was a nice guy, but I was looking forward to being single in the public eye again. Less pressure.

"Chloe! Your phones been ringing non stop the whole interview!" Jackson said as he came up to me, handing over my phone which was indeed ringing.

"Thanks Jack," I smiled. I looked down at my lock screen, seeing an unknown number flashing across the screen. Having a gut feeling on who it was, I excused myself from everyone and stepped outside to answer it.

"Hello?" I answered.

"You shouldn't have done that." Ah yes, Melissa.

"You don't have anything on me anymore Melissa. Leave me alone to live my life. Figure out your issues and stay the fuck away from me." I snapped, hanging up the phone before she could even reply.

I let out a sigh of relief, turning to walk back to my family, friends and management. Maybe things can start looking up again.

Just as I walked through the door to the studio, my phone buzzed in my hand once again.

'It's not over until I say it is. You haven't won.'

With that text message, the worry flooded back into me. What else could she use against me?

"Chloe, you okay?" My dad snapped me out of my thoughts. I quickly shoved my phone in my pocket and put a smile on my face.

"Yeah! I'm fine dad!" I said, a little too enthusiastically. He eyed me skeptically, worry evident in his eyes. I calmed myself and took a deep breath, "I'm fine, I promise." I said, trying to sound convincing.

"Okay, well me and your mother are going to head back home if you don't need us? I'm not too sure what Jackson's doing though." Dad said.

"Okay, yeah of course. Thank you for being here for me today, I appreciate it so much more than you know."

"Well, we want to be here for you. We've been to distant in your life, even after trying to be more active in it. We don't want something like this happening again, especially without us knowing. We love you Chloe, we want to be here for you." He said, giving me his well known caring smile. To think there was a time when I was sixteen years old and my father and I had the worst relationship ever.