Chapter 1: "Leonore"

"Hey! Zane!!"

I shouted, sprinting down the stairs. My hair flying behind me, Candy racing me with each step. I laughed rather loudly, landing on the carpet and speeding into the next room. It was a child's bedroom, painted purple, with loads of funny posters and family pictures and green hand prints. One wall was covered in blue marker, another completely clean. The rug was a multicolored circle, with several dolls cluttered over it sat next to my husband.

"Y/n?"

He asked, setting down the pony and standing to meet my eyes. A soft smile on his face. The small child that he played with accompanied him, holding his leg like a rope. She dangled and climbed up him, sitting on his head triumphantly.

Hello. I'm Y/n Ro'Meave. I've been married to Zane for 10 years now. Our life has been filled with chaos, high school and vacation memories, a dog, and several fuck ton amounts of bullshit. But I honestly couldn't think of a better way to spend my time on this useless planet.

Now who was this child that sat on rip of my husband? The one that shared my hair, but also took his striking eyes and smile. Who also had freckles and constantly whined and overall never left our side. Who was beginning 1st grade alongside her friends and foes alike, just like I once did?

My 6 year old daughter, my pride and joy, Leonore Ro'Meave.

"Papa!!! You gotta finish playing my game!!"

She whined, giggling as I reached to pick her from him, holding her against my waist. Her (h/c) pigtails bounced whenever she moved, and her lips formed into a smile. In her hands was a small pony doll, of which Zane was very reluctant of letting her hold. I snickered, replying by holding her above my head, flying her across the room.

"Now now, Leonore. Settle down. We don't want papa getting too tired. And remember, Esme wants to come over later, so clean up your room."
"Will Auntie Katelyn be there?"
"I'm sure she'll come along, given Esme is still a child. Now go."

I let her jump from my arms, and she sped off to gather her toys. As I watched her, Zane came up behind me, lifting me upward and effectively scaring the living shit out of me.

"Son of a- ZANE"
"We have a daughter?"
"You know I can't swear near her."
"Ah, your one weakness, children."

He chuckled, setting me on his shoulders. I bent down and kissed his forehead. His cheeks turned pink, and I snickered, holding his face next to mine. I could hear Leonore jumping around in the back of my mind, and the permanent grin formed on my face.

"My only weakness is family"

I proclaim as the doorbell rings throughout the house. I point towards the door and kick Zane in the stomach, patting his head.

"Go forth my noble stead, Katelyn awaits!"
"Owowowow. I get it, I won't pick you up again. And I'm not a horse."

He complained, but carried me to the entrance before returning back to Leonore. I opened the door, smiling wide as I was almost tackled by a young periwinkle haired girl and her mother, who was equally affectionate with me.

"Y/n!!! Both our girls are starting elementary school soon!! Agh, I'm so excited!"

Katelyn shouted in glee, ruffling my hair and letting herself in the house. Esme found my daughter hiding under the table and chased her across the house, running upstairs into her room and disappearing inside. I giggled, making her a drink before sitting on the couch beside my friend.