XXIII: No Way José

Start from the beginning

  "Thanks, Ti-... princess."

  "What was that?"

  "What was what?"

  She stares at me. "Nothing, go ahead before you're late." I lean in to kiss her, but she moves away. "Goodbye, Chucky."

  I blankly look at her, confused, then I turn away and leave. Something isn't right here.

  🔪

  As I'm riding the bus to the hospital, I can't help but think about what just happened. Almost calling her Tiffany? This shit is getting too hard on me. Truthfully, I can't pick just one of them. Tiffany was my first love, or so I thought. I'm not even sure if I can say that anymore now with Cassidy. She's made me feel completely different than Tiffany ever did. It's weird.

  "Ayo, you in the black," a guy yells. "Hey, imma talkin' to you!"

  It takes me a moment to realize he means me.

  "That's a nice jacket ya got there," he says.

  "Thanks."

  "Those are pretty expensive, ya know? Especially if it's the real deal."

  "Yes, I know."

  I arrive at my stop and get off the bus. Fucking weirdo.

  So the hospital should only be a little walk down the street. As I start walking, I feel someone following me. I make a turn down an alleyway, and stop.

  "So you decided to follow me?" I ask the guy, not turning around yet.

  "I don't think you understood me earlier," he starts. "I said I liked that jacket. In other words, give me the goddamn jacket."

  "You'll have to take it from me."

  "Oh you think you're tough?!"

  This guy was bigger than me, and probably stronger too, but he wasn't gonna take my fucking jacket like that.

  (Cassidy's POV)

  "I'm kinda busy, actually," I say into my phone through the bluetooth of my car.

  "Busy? I thought you had today off?" Taylor says.

  "Yyeeeaah,  but I'm headed somewhere now. Plans are set already."

  "With Chucky?"

  "No, he ran off somewhere. Said it was important and he'd explain later. I don't know and right now I don't care."

  "Mmhmm and whys that? You got a side dish?"

  "What? Me? Nah, I've just got important business to attend to. Hey, I'm here now,  talk to you later!"

  "Ok, if you say so. Bye."

  After I hang up, I look in the mirror to make sure I look good, brush my hair, and spray some perfume. Ok. Let's do this. Once I'm out of the car, I walk towards the porch and give a little knock on the door. There's an immediate answer.

  "Hey, you! You must have seen me pulling up," I giggle.

  "Well, yes, I did. I've been waiting for you," Andy says, closing the door behind me. "You smell... really good. What is that?"

  "It's called Aloha Waterfall Orchid. You like it?"

  "Love it."

  "Good to know!"

  I flash a super cute smile at him and I can see him blushing redder than the shirt I'm wearing.

  We both go sit down down on the couch. "So, you say you have good news?" I ask.

  "Oh yeah, totally. I am right on Chucky's ass now! You'd better be careful because if I'm right, he's somewhere in your neighborhood."

  "Really?"

  "Yes, really. Shocking?"

  "Actually... do you want to know exactly where he is?"

  (Chucky's POV)

  Wiping the blood on my knife on a piece of newspaper conveniently laying on the ground, I toss the paper and go towards the hospital. A few floors up, and I'm with Tiff.

"Ok, let me get this straight. So you thought it'd be a good idea to throw on a green wig and try to stab Cassidy because I didn't do it yet?" I growl.

  "Yet? Chucky let's be real here. You were never going to do anything about that bitch. You can't. You love her too much. So I tried to take care of it myself, but it back fired." Tiffany explains.

  "She's not a bitch."

  "See! Look at you! Un fucking believable. You can't even trust her."

  "What do you mean?"

  "She's been hanging out with Andy a lot lately, right?"

  "Yeah, but that's just to keep up with how close he is to me!"

  "Goddamnit it Chucky, open your eyes! She's playing you! She's leading Andy right to you, but you're too damn stupid to see it! She's probably fucking him behind your back too!"

  "Shut the fuck up! You're wrong! Cassidy would never do that! She loves me and I love her!" She's really starting to piss me off.

  "Is that so?" She laughs. "Chucky you're fucking stupid. She's probably over there right now! Probably telling him everything!"

  "I don't have to listen to this shit! Stay out of my fucking business!" I angrily get up and go to the door.

  "Better be careful. Andy's probably waiting at the door step for you." She laughs, and I leave. Who the hell does she think she is?! Cassidy... would never, right?

🔪

  Oddly enough, when I get back, Cass is nowhere to be found. Her car is gone, so she must have stepped out. Not at Andy's, right?

  SHIT!

  Am I really getting jealous right now? The thought of her being with someone else, especially Andy of all people.  I'd kill them both.

  I hop in the shower before getting in bed, and feel a little better. She still isn't here, and it makes It hard for me to sleep. I'm used to her being by me, but I'm sure she'll turn up later tonight.