XII: Lydia = Litia! (Part 1)

(Cassidy's POV)

  "How does this look? I really like the color." I model the dress I just tried on for Chucky.

  "It's cute, but it says Cassidy," he tells me, observing all of it.

  "Oh, ok. I'll try the other one then." We're here to get outfits for the party. Maybe he'll let me match with him.

  I take off the dress and put it back on the rack, then slide the other one on. I really love this color, too. Rose gold is my second favorite after turquoise. Once it's on, I step out and show him. "Hmm?"

  "That's it. That's the one. It has Princess all over it!" I spin around so that he can see all of it.

  "Then it's done. I want this one. Gotta get shoes too!" I go back and change into my clothes and buy the dress. "We should wear the same color."

  "You want me to wear pink?"

  "Well, I just thought it'd be cute. Wear like cream or something. It'll go well with my dress." As we're walking out to go to my favorite shoe store, Manik, someone stops in front of us.

  "Hey, Cassidy!" He says. SHIT!

(Chucky's POV)

  FUCK! It's Andy! I gotta keep my cool.

"Hi, Andy!" Cassidy cheers. "Funny seeing you here."

"Yeah, I'm just picking up a few things. Who's this?"

  Don't tell him we're dating, he won't wanna get closer if you do!

  "My friend, Tico," she says. "Tico, this is Andy!" She pretends to introduce us to each other. Good girl.

  "Hi, Andy," I say, trying to be nice.

  "Hi there, Tico." Andy shakes my hand. If only he knew he was shaking hands with the same guy who ruined his childhood as a murderous doll, then I'm sure he'd try to kill me and take Cassidy away. Well there's two things wrong with that. No one Is gonna kill me, and nobody is going to take Cassidy away from me.

  "Well, guys, it was nice, but I'm afraid I have to go!" Andy says. "See you around, yeah Cass?"

  "Yeah!" Cassidy tells him. Andy walks off with his bags. "Do you think that was a coincidence?" She turns to me to see what I thought of it.

  "Maybe, maybe not. Either way, you're gonna have to move quicker with your friendship with him."

  "Got it. So which store do you wanna go in first?"

🔪

  "Alright, it's 8," Cassidy says, falling back on the bed. "Party gets lit at 11. That's what Lydia told me. So if we leave at 10:30, we should be there on time. I just have to shower again and curl my hair."

  "And I'm gonna shower and do something about this fucking facial hair growing at the speed of light," I tell her. "What the hell are we gonna do until then? We have at least an hour." TV is on for once in a long time. We never really watch it up here.