City life

I woke up with a start. 'Not that cursed eco dream again.' I clenched my teeth.

I got out of my mouldy bed, and got out of my decrepit room. I walked down the stairs and got myself a slab of metalhead meat. Everything else tasted rotten compared to metalhead meat.

My house was a pitiful piece of architecture, even compared to the other houses in the slums. Since my house was almost as old as the city itself, it wasn't a surprise.

Latching onto the walls of my home with my claws, I climbed up out of the hole on my roof. It was my only way of getting out without being noticed. I leaped from one building to the other, and kept on going until I got to the market. I knew my friend would be there.

I saw my "daughter", Ani, walking with one of her friends. I jumped off a stall roof, and ran to her.

Of course, somebody noticed me and called the authorities. I hated the Krimzon Guards. They could stop poking around in others business.

I grabbed Ani by the shoulder, "What the hell do you think you are doing here?" I asked, glaring at her. Ani's friend scarpered as soon as she saw me.

Ani pushed my arm off her shoulder, "What the hell, Lila?! I was just having a bit of a good time!"

"When I told you to stay away from other people?"

"Just because I have eco powers doesn't mean I have to be isolated!"

"Let's just go home, we can talk about this later." A bullet went past my ear. "See what happens if you explore the city?"

Me and Ani broke into a run, "You know," Ani said, "It was you who started this."

"Shut up."

I have to admit, I was not the nicest to my daughter, but I thought she could take my toughness and harshness. She already went through her parents being murdered and a "beast" taking her away, and she was a-okay.

When me and Ani got home, I started asking her what she was doing in the city so early. It was only six-thirty, after all.

"Well," Ani started, flicking a strand of magenta hair from her yellow eyes, "me and my friend, Emblemi, chatted and practiced our eco powers. She can run really fast, you know. I showed her some of my yellow eco powers. Of course, she didn't pay much attention to it, but she still thought it was good."

"Really?" I asked, expecting more, "That's it?"

"Well, no. We went to- Actually, no. It doesn't matter."

"Tell me."

While Ani acted quite brave, she was quite afraid of me. Even after living with me for thirteen years. "We went to our working group... There, that's it."

"I thought you worked in the marketing business." I said.

"Well, no. Selling fruit doesn't earn you much money. It is an assassin group."

I was curious. "Go on."

"We mainly get secret messages to kill off a certain person or another. Emblemi is in it. It is actually quite fun. Good for venting."

"Are there any spaces for dark eco, by any chance?"

"Yes- well, no... Kind of. The boss never thought that dark eco talent would exist. You might be the only person who has that."

I rolled my eyes, "Tell me about it. Anyway, that idea is ludicrous. Now stay here, I'm going to look for some food for you."

Ani hated the stuff I had, so I often had to go out and "borrow" something from fellow neighbors of the slums. It was also rather easy, as they usually wouldn't fight a clawed and fanged human.

I jumped up onto the roof and ran along the tin roofs. I was able to think while looking for a target. I was actually thinking of that job Ani mentioned. 'It would be handy to be able to actually buy stuff without stealing any money.'

Plus there would be people who would know how it felt to be different. That mattered to me so much. 

Once I spotted a person with food, I adjusted my position to strike. I bounded from the roof and onto the person, stabbing my claws into their neck with full force. I attracted some attention, of course. I was soon surrounded by guards. I couldn't go anywhere. Or so they thought.

One of the guards was foolish enough to try and stun me by an electric shock. It felt like nothing to me, but it did piss me off a fair bit. I growled. My teeth slowly elongated and sharpened. I felt the blood on my forehead as my horns got larger. My talons curled and fizzed with purple flashes of eco. I chuckled slightly. This is was going to be fun...

I lunged at the guard and twisted his head sideways with a satisfying snap. The limp body crumpled onto the street. I felt a pang of pain when the other guards started firing bullets. I grabbed the closest guard by the neck and threw him head first onto the ground. The helmet was squished as if it was made of tin foil. I decided that it would take too long to deal with the rest of them, so I quickly finished them off with my signature move.

I spun around like a tornado, emitting all of the eco I wanted to and surrounding myself with a whirl of lightning. I stretched my claws out and slashed the metal of the Krimzon Guards' armour like a warm knife through butter. I heard several screams of agony around me, and I took it all in joyfully.

Let's just say I loved some killing in the morning.

After that bit of fun, I returned to me and Ani's house with the bag of shopping and dumped it on the rotting table.

"Thanks, Lila." Ani said, looking into the bag, "Are there any cornflakes in here?"

"Yeah," I said impatiently, "now tell me where to sign up for your assassin job."