I run down the stairs of my apartment not caring to try the elevator, I pull out my phone and dial 911.

"911 What's your emergency?" The operator asks.
"I've just witnessed a car crash.......

*Time skip to when the emergency services arrive*

John is pronounced dead on the spot and Katherine is loaded into an ambulance, she's unconscious.

I follow the ambulance to the hospital and wait in the waiting room and I cry, I cry for the man I loved who is now gone, I cry for his family, and I cry for Katherine.

And hour later a nurse walks over telling me that Katherine is awake. The nurse walks me to Katherine's room and tells me to be calm and just talk to her.

Katherine smiles when she sees me and I lightly wave. "Taylor?" She says. "Yeah," I nod.

"Why are you here?" She asks glancing around the room. "I saw the whole crash, I'm the person who called 911...." her eyes darken and she frowns.

"Is it my fault, was I speeding when I hit the man?" she asks. "No, the man he um well, he jumped out in front of your car."

"Katherine, the man, he was... your dad."

*Katherine's POV*

"Katherine, the man, he was... your dad," Taylor says. I scrunch up my face and it takes me a minute to process, my father jumped out in front of my car... on purpose.

"Is he okay, is he alive?" I ask, but I soon regret it.
"Katherine, when he went through your front window, a piece of glass lodged into his head, he didn't make it."

My stomach drops and I begin to shake. A million questions race through my head.

Does my mom know? Did my dad know that I was the one driving the car? Where is my mom? Am I okay? Why am I in the hospital?

"Taylor, do you know where my phone is?" I ask.
He nods picking it up out of a box where the clothes that I was wearing during the crash are placed.

The first thing I do is call my mom.

*The phone call*

Katherine: Mom I've been in a car crash, I'm at the hospital near your house, I need you.

Katherine's mom: Okay sweetie, let me call your dad and I'll go pick him up from work and bring him as well.

Katherine: Mom, you can't. Dad...... he was in the crash as well.

Katherine's mom: What? That's impossible. He was supposed to be at work today.

Katherine: I know mom, we have a lot to catch up on. I love you, I'll see you in a minute.

Katherine's mom: I love you too sweetie.

Call Ended

I turn on the TV and find the news. And there it is "BREAKING NEWS," it's kind of strange to hear about something you've done on the news. You know what happened, you were there, all they know it that there was a crash and that one of us didn't survive.

But, I know the whole story.

I know that my father cheated on my mother, I know the man who my father was in an intimate relationship with, I know that my father waited over an hour so that he could throw himself in front of my car and be killed by his own daughter.