"W-well, I'll see you in English." Her soft voice caused his eyes to snap away from his phone onto her. She looked into his eyes as they searched hers.

"Actually, I need to talk to you." His voice was smooth and deep unlike the other boys in the school. He looked at her with a soft gaze unlike the hunting ones of the other boys in the school as well.

"What did you need?" She looked to the tiles under their feet as she waited for him to continue.

"So, Clare, can you answer a few questions for me?" His voice was aloof as he typed on his phone briskly. The sound of his typing was the only noise in the empty hallway.

"Yeah." She finally had the courage to look up at his face. His face was in deep concentration, and he stopped typing.

"Isn't your name like a guy's name?" He started to type on his phone again. "This isn't about the favor."

"My father didn't want a girl." Her voice weakened with every word as the thought of her father creeped into her mind.

"You little piece of shit! I never wanted a little whore!"

"It's odd that a male name fits you so well. Anyways, Clare you are good at English, right?" His fingers never stopped tapping his screen. Her eyes widen as she nodded slightly. "Great, you can tutor me."

"What? I'm not a t-tutor." She backed away slightly. Their friendship only lived within the walls of English class.

"You'll be fine. You practically tutor me in English class." He gave her an eye roll as he shoved his phone into a pocket.

"I could actually suck at English!" Her voice was desperate, and pleading. She saw his eyes light with amusement as she wined.

"Our teacher praises you. Plus, I see your grades." He states bluntly.

"I-I can't" Her voice soft and low.

"I mean you did sort of pull me to the ground a few minutes ago, and I just want this one tiny favor." His voice was placed with amusement as he gave her puppy dog eyes.

"I-I...fine." She let out a sigh, and admitted defeat. He showed a small smile, but it was gone in a second.

"Put your number in my phone and I'll text you later." His voice showed victory as he handed her his phone. She cautiously took his phone to add in her contact. When he took it back, he gave her a small smile before turning around.

What the hell did I just do? I could have said no to him. That would have been easy!

Clarence gave a small pout as she walked out the doors of the school. Elijah was leaning against his car with Haylee waiting for me. Elijah wore a black shirt that showed off his arms in a nice classy way while his hair was ruffled in curls. Haylee had her hair in a messy bun while wearing a red sun dress. The two would have made a beautiful couple if Elijah had not rejected Haylee.

"You finally came." Haylee teased at Clarence as she smiled. Elijah smiled at her as she looked at the two.

"Opps." Clarence gave a slight shrug.

"Ugh, look at those idiots." Elijah made a face of disgust to Justin and his friends exiting the door I was just at. His friends, Noah and Austin, were dumping into each other while being terribly loud. Justin just laughed at them every few moments. Noah had tan skin with a nice build to match, as his brown hair tossed around. Austin was completely different. He had light pale skin with blond hair.

"Boys will be boys." Haylee just gave a shrug. Justin looked away from his friends and looked in their direction. As Justin and Clarence met each other's eyes, he waved. She smiled back at him before he turned back to his phone.

"Clarence, why does that boy know you?" Elijah spoke with slight irritation in his voice.

"I am going to tutor him in English." She quickly made her way into the back seat before Elijah could dish out his lectures. Haylee gave him a look as if to drop it. Elijah made his way into the driver set, and Haylee to the passenger seat.

"So, Clarence, this weekend Amy is having a party. Elijah and I are going to go, so-"

"I don't do parties." Clarence played with the end of her hoodie sleeves.

"Neither do I, so if I must suffer so do you. Haylee texted your aunt, and she is fine with it." Elijah butted in.

"And after the party we are going to go to my house. My parents are out of town for a few weeks so even Elijah can come." Haylee looked at Elijah with a small smile on her lips.

"Yes, how thrilled I am that I get to partake in your girlish ways." Elijah gave a small smirk to Haylee.

"Oh, shut up." Haylee rolled her eyes, but couldn't get the smile off her face.

Clarence smiled lightly as they pulled into her driveway.

"We'll pick you up at 8 tomorrow. Wear something hot." Haylee yelled as I made my way to the front door.

"But appropriate!" Elijah yelled straight after. Clarence gave a small laugh as she walked into her house.

Hey! It's me, the author. Thank you for reading the chapter! I am very excited for you to read Clarence's story! It was amazing to write, and I am currently editing the chapters for future (and maybe past) readers!

Have a lovely day, and if you are feeling generous, please leave a vote/comment.