Innocence

• Dedicated to Chamzad

Jezebel Straker was trying to be inconspicuous. She did not want her innocent and very oblivious family to discover her secret life. Her secret life of lies and blood. Yes, the young beautiful woman was a serial killer. However, she managed to keep up her façade except to her beloved brother whose grave she was going to visit. He would have testified against her.

She was dressed in her usual black leather clothes and boots, with a long, sword-like dagger strapped on each boot. She looked up at the tempestuous sky through an angled window from which she leapt. The two story drop did not bother her for she was a skilled huntress of the night. She could do extraordinary things.

As soon as her feet touched the ground, she leapt off in the direction of the forest. Adjacent to the pine tree, there was a tomb; everyone thought it was her garden as she planted flowers over it and took care of it every day. No one missed her brother- not even her parents. He was a drug addict but a nice person. No one cares how kind a person is once they have a record of something bad.

As she stepped to the grave, a sniper came out from behind the pine tree, “You witch! You killed my son, didn’t you?”

“He attacked first.” she stated nonchalantly.

“I’m gonna kill you, witch!” he said, even as he pulled the trigger of the gun.

She dodged the bullet and in an instant, she was behind him, a dagger at his throat, “Any last words?”

“P-please d-don’t kill m-me.” he whimpered.

“You’re pathetic.” she stated in a monotone voice, “I have a vial each, full of the blood of your son and his friends. Every time I kill, I use the blood to give nutrients to these beautiful and useful flowering herbs. Think about it, when you die, you’ll be serving a good purpose to the village because I’m sure you know I’m the healers’ daughter.”

“NOOO!!!” he screamed as the other sword was plunged into his heart and twisted around at 360°.

Blood gushed out of his chest at a blinding speed as he dropped to the floor of the forest, dead in least than a minute. At least she did not torture her as she did his son. His son, the cursed man who had the audacity to feel her up. She reached into her coat pocket and drew out 10 full-to-the-brim vials. Grinning like a maniac, she poured the blood into the soil. The blood from the dead men was quickly soaked into the ground, as was the blood of the one she had just killed.

After her plants were taken care of, she turned to the body of the dead man. She cut him up in 1 inch pieces which she buried in different locations around the forest. It was the usual way she disposed of her murders. By the time she was done, rain began to fall as she had predicted from watching the sky before she left home.

The blood from her hair and clothes was washed out as she made her way to her house, slipping back into innocent girl mode.