Five.

We only had one week left here. And Niall and I were getting more and more reluctant to talk about what was going to happen when we got on our separate flights. Even though we both knew what was going to happen. We would stay in touch, maybe get together some times if we've both got the free time. But otherwise, we'd live our own lives in our own corners of the planet.

I tried to think of where the time had gone on this vacation. I thought of the dates Niall took me one 3 times a week, to different places on the island, and some times our dates never even left our rooms, and we just ordered room service and spent time in complete privacy. I thought of all of the things that we talked about on those dates. I thought of all of the things that we learned about each other that we hadn't known before. But most of all, I thought of how much I'd grown to love him. And how painful it was going to be to wake up without him beside me. No body would ever be the same to wake up next to. No person would ever make me smile as soon as my eyes fell on them, no matter the time of the day. No one would ever compare. And that scared me most of all.

"I'm not ready to leave," Kendall sighed, "Can't we just stay longer?"

"Unfortunately no babe," Harry said.

 I sat next to Niall with my legs over his lap and he had his arms around me so I was as close to him as I could be. I rested my head on his shoulder and sighed.

"Are we going to sit here and mope for the next 5 days? Or are we going to make them count?" Eleanor asked.

"El we're mourning," Louis said.

"Mourning who?" Zayn asked.

"The loss of Snow and Jasmine, since they've got to go home and so do we and their home is not our home and our home is not their home and that's sad," Louis said.

"Did you follow that?" Perrie asked Kendall.

"Kind of," she said.

"Let's go to the beach," I said, "Maybe the sun will make us all feel better."

We got changed and went down to the beach. I laid next to Jasmine and she looked over at me.

"I have a bad feeling about us going home," she said.

"Like what kind of feeling?"

Jasmine's feelings were almost always right. It was weird, but somehow they always were.

"It just feels like we're not supposed to go back to Portland. Like, we're really meant to be in London."

I shook my head, "I've already pawned grandpa off on Kristy for a long time, a lot longer than I would've liked."

"Snow..." she said, "Grandpa is going to pass away soon."

"And I want to be there when it happens, I want to make sure that he's comfortable, I want to make sure he's happy and-" I choked in a sob and Jasmine took hold of my hand.

"It's okay," she nodded, "I understand."

The next 5 days were spent having alone time with Niall. We didn't leave our suites often, we were just trying to enjoy the last days we had there together. But now, that's over.

"I'll message you when we land in New Jersey to let you know we're safe, then again in London," Niall said as he rested his forehead against mine, holding onto my jaw with both hands as I had my arms wrapped around his waist.

"Okay," I said.

"I'm going to miss you," he said.

"I'm going to miss you too."

He kissed me and then kissed my forehead.

"Flight number 432 to Portland, Oregon now boarding at Gate 7."

I kissed Niall one last time before hugging everyone else and stepping into line to board our plane. I looked back one last time before I entered the terminal and as soon as I got onto the plane, put my carry-on away and rested my head on Niall's sweater that he had given me, tears burned my eyes and I felt like my head was going to explode.

I felt heartbroken, and I never felt heartbroken. I never fell in love, I never love. Love is bad and love only ends. That's what I had taught myself. But Niall proved me wrong, and that was the biggest problem in all of this. Was that I wasn't right.