... What?

"What the fuck?!" I jumped out of bed and ran out of my room. "Mom!" 

Panic has grabbed hold of me and I don't know what to do, there is a man in my room and I don't know what to do. I run inside my mom's room and... it's empty. I feel like I'm going to faint and start screaming.

"MOM!!! MOM WHERE ARE YOU?!!!!" I feel dizzy and suddenly I'm on the floor. I'm not crying but my heartbeat is super fast and I have no idea what is going on.

"Calm down." Says a voice next to me. I jump and turn around to find the man sitting on my mom's bed. "There is no need for you to be so dramatic."

"Who are you? go away, I'm going to call the cops!!!" I scream grabbing the phone.

"Good luck trying, I don't think you can call the cops in a dream." He is smirking and I just feel so confused and scared.

"Stay away from me!" I call 911... and the phone is not working. I feel really scared and don't know what to do.

"Told you, now please calm down because there are a lot of thing that I have to explain." He's looking at me like I'm an idiot and I just want to run as far away as possible, but I don't. Something feels wrong and this man is not attacking me or anything, in fact he is just relaxing on my mom's bed.

"I... I don't understand." My voice is shaking and I feel drained, but I no longer feel absolute panic. "Who are you? What the hell do you want?"

"My name is Alexander, I am a genie and you have three wishes, I don't care if you don't believe me that is just the way things are. You are neither the first nor the last person that I will serve and let's just get this over with as soon as possible. There are-"

"This is a dream... you said it yourself." I am just too shocked to even say anything else.

"It is, the first time I appear in front of my master I do it in dreams because as you can see it can be quite scary to have a stranger pop up in front of you out of nowhere. If this weren't a dream you would have woken up your family and caused panic and made a mess, there is no need for that since I mean no harm." He sounds irritated and I start to feel a little bit mad.

"Well excuse me for being a normal human being who feels absolute terror when a man suddenly appears on her room at night!" Okay... I am more than a little bit mad.

"There is no need to shout, I can hear you just fine if you speak." He rolls his eyes and I just throw the phone at him.

"Oh  fuck you, asshole." I feel mad but I no longer feel any fear, I just feel totally confused.

"I've been called worse things." He says laughing. "And just so you know, I can't be harmed by anything, I can't feel pain."

I just glare at him and he laughs again. 

"Well, now let me continue what I was saying before you so rudely interrupted me. There are certain rules that you must keep in mind:

1) The wishes can't harm or kill anyone that is not you.

2) The wishes can't make a worldwide change, so forget about any world peace fantasies.

3) The wishes can't affect anyone's emotions and feelings, so if you have a stupid little crush on a guy I can't help you with it.

4) The Genie will always be with his or her master for the period of a year or until the 3 wishes are made, the sooner you ask for the wishes the sooner you can get rid of me.

5) Once the third wish is made the Genie will return to the lamp and the master will never be able to see him or her again.

Those are the rules and there are no exceptions, you can't wish for more wishes either so don't even bother, many people tried."

Suddenly her grandmother's letter made sense. I hope you enjoy the three little chances I just gave you

"You knew my grandmother Charlotte..." My voice is almost a whisper.

He doesn't look at me when he answers. "Yes."